• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Off Road Travel

Outdoors_guy

Well I am not sure on how many have tried driving to where ever they wanted on the lake off of the roads. I gave it a shot on Saturday the 18th and drove from Rogers to Hillmans with a F250. Only tracks i seen between the places where ours. So if anyone is wondering about driving off road you can do it. Truck sunk about 6-8 inches in snow while driving oner there.

Drove out of Hillmans. Was able to drive off road in most areas but not everywhere. Found an area were the truck broke through double ice and got stuck in 8-10" of water. Needed to be towed out by my buddy. Good thing I remembered to bring my tow strap with.

You bet I won 20 bucks, but i also had someone lose my rod down the hole.

Ya that and the poker chips laying down there no wonder we didn't catch anything.We even stayed a little less educated that night grin.gif

Oh yeah i forgot about the poker chip. Yeah less educated would be correct. I wonder if anyone caught my fishing pole. On Sunday we went to the end of Hillmans road after you guys left and caught some big perch and small walleyes. We stayed untill noon and then left.

can anyone tell me what condition the plowed roads are in? i was up last weekend and we went out on saturday when the roads were sloppy. it was no problem getting out but buy sunday evening when we wanted to head home, we could not pull the fishhouse off the lake. we spent 3 hours trying to get unstuck. the standing water on the roads had formed an inch layer of ice the the truck was just too wimppy to break through while pullong the shack. i just couldnt get traction. thankfully there was an extremelt nice local gentleman who pulled our shack off the ice because i did not have 4 wheel drive and that is what was needed to get off the lake.

so back to my question, are the plowed roads in good enough shape to pull a 6x14 shack out with a 2 wheel drive vehicle? thanks for the info!

sorry, i just saw kelly-p's post on the road conditions. thanks! if there is any moe input on 2 wheel drive capabilities, let me know. thanks