• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wheel Houses this weekend

shaky legs2

What are the conditions for bringing up a wheel house to use as a base of operations? Can you get off the road to set it up anywhere without getting stuck? Thanks for any help.

No problem. The slush has frozen up good and the snow level has dropped. The past couple of days I saw some people going cross country with wheel houses.

A cross country weiner shack...? confused.gif What a sight! Good luck to you Shaky, kick your roommate for me.

Thanks for the information Kelly. I hope all is well and you haven't had any more bad luck. The season is almost over and I know it hasn't been as good as in the past but maybe next year with the walleyes being open there will be more people coming back. I like to catch fish as much as the next guy but it is something about the Lake that keeps you coming back regardless of the number of fish you catch. Red was one of the first lakes I fished for walleyes back in 1962 with my dad and I guess the spell was cast on me back then. Thanks again for all your knowledge over the years on this site and being willing to share it along with your sense of humor with the rest of us. I hope you will write a book someday about all your experiences - I sure enjoyed your grandfather's book. Take care.

I prefer to classify myself more as the kind, well mannered young man that politely accounted for his friends misfortune and poorly timed/placed illness.

Unfortunately not. We will be finishing up moving out of our house this weekend so I think I am done for the season. Good luck to you and yours...catch up with you guys again soon.