• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Fish On! Guide Service

CAMOUFLAGE STENCILS FOR TRUCK

Question

Fish On! Guide Service

Mother nature has taken it's course on my trucks body so it's time to paint her in a camouflage pattern. Besides Cabelas and BPS (reelfoot camo kits), anyone know of any inexpensive STENCIL kits for camouflaging my truck? Any suggestions, tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Stephen

2 answers to this question

stmichael

I went to a craft shop and picked up different grass stencils. That way you can pick and choose what you want.(if you want to get that technical) They have some that give the appearance of long blades of grass. you may have to thin them out a bit, otherwise the paint gets gooped up quick. I found that it helped trying a few practice stencils on a piece of cardboard to figure out your pattern. I had did this to a truck last spring...I have since sold it. I really wish I had taken pictures..

Dan Thiem

I had a 1988 Chevy Fun ton. It had the paint delam problem with the silver paint. I scraped most of off with a razorblade. Then I scuffed it with a Scotch brite pad. Cleaned it off and taped up around the area I didn't want oversrpay. Then I spray bombed it with a light dull beige camo paint. After that dried I used a dull green, dull brown, and flat black spray bomb to paint the leaves. I just plucked off maple, elm, and sumac. Just hold on the truck and spray paint the leaf. When you take the leaf off it leaves a perfect shape of it.

It turned out so good many people asked where I got the stickers for it.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• TAJ
      I agree with Rayguy. A lot of ecological changes happening everywhere and I think we’re seeing that on the Whitefish chain. Keep looking for new spots and new structure. Fish are still there. It’ll be interesting to see how Fall fishing goes. I am planning on fishing the next couple of days. I’ll let you know how I do. 
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Ace is right, no need to run to far to find walleyes! They are all over the East end where you will be staying. The number one rule is "trust your depth finder"! I never fish a spot unless I see a few fish there! Lindy rigs, spinner rigs, slip bobber rigs, and jigs will all catch walleyes that time of the year. Cliff
    • bluewater2
      Thank you, my husband and I usually go to Kabetogama . but we are going to go later, had a chance to go here for the first time(Labor day weekend)and are excited to try it. Found a private cabin to rent very reasonable in that bay.
    • Borch
      I fished most of the lake in scout mode today.  Found walleyes early on midlake humps and bars in 18-24 fow.  Got a couple to go on jigging raps but then they shut off.  Spent the rest of the day trying to pin down a panfish pattern.  Found good numbers of sunfish in shallow cabbage beds(6-9 fow).  None were huge but good numbers of 8-8 1/2" gills.  A few crappies are mixed in with them and some are suspending off the break.  There are also good numbers of sunfish in or just outside the reeds.   Most of the sunfish ran smaller though although there were some keepers there too.  Pike and bass I did not target but saw others do so successfully.   Plenty of bass in the reeds and spinnerbaits seemed to be what most were using.   Troll over the weeds and you will be rewarded with pike.
    • Borch
      I fished most of the lake in scout mode today.  Found walleyes early on midlake humps and bars in 18-24 fow.  Got a couple to go on jigging raps but then they shut off.  Spent the rest of the day trying to pin down a panfish pattern.  Found good numbers of sunfish in shallow cabbage beds(6-9 fow).  None were huge but good numbers of 8-8 1/2" gills.  A few crappies are mixed in with them and some are suspending off the break.  There are also good numbers of sunfish in or just outside the reeds.   Most of the sunfish ran smaller though although there were some keepers there too.  Pike and bass I did not target but saw others do so successfully.   Plenty of bass in the reeds and spinnerbaits seemed to be what most were using.   Troll over the weeds and you will be rewarded with pike.
    • Borch
    • Rick
      No brush or yard waste burning today through Sunday The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency has issued an air quality alert for today through Sunday for northern Minnesota.    As a result, the Department of Natural Resources will not issue burning permits for brush or yard waste for all areas north of Alexandria, including Mille Lacs and Pine counties. Burn restrictions may expand as smoke from the Canadian fires drifts south. For updates and the air quality forecast, check the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency website. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • guideman
      If you are looking for Walleyes stay on the east end. There is no need to go running all over the lake to catch them. Daisy bay has Walleyes available as does Big bay which in my opinion has some of the best Walleye fishing on the lake.  Trolling cranks works this time of year, as well as Lindy rigging, or pulling spinners on a bottom bouncer. You can also find some decent evening slip bobber fishing close to where you are staying.  Good luck and have fun, you won't be disappointed.     "Ace" "It's just fishing man".   
    • guideman
      Anyone that takes 16 years to boat a Muskie most likely doesn't target them all the time.  I average one Muskie every time I go out on Vermilion. It really isn't that hard if you do your homework and do the little things that it takes to be successful. Get out there and cast, cast, cast until your arms fall off.     "Ace"   "It's just fishing man"   
    • bluewater2
      Was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on fishing the lake, we will be staying at a cabin by Daisy Bay / Arrow Head point. Not asking for your hot spots, just wondering if the area where the cabin is, if fishing for Walleye is close by. I here talk about east vs. west side. Not sure what that means? Any help would be great.