• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Fish On! Guide Service

CAMOUFLAGE STENCILS FOR TRUCK

Question

Fish On! Guide Service

Mother nature has taken it's course on my trucks body so it's time to paint her in a camouflage pattern. Besides Cabelas and BPS (reelfoot camo kits), anyone know of any inexpensive STENCIL kits for camouflaging my truck? Any suggestions, tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Stephen

2 answers to this question

stmichael

I went to a craft shop and picked up different grass stencils. That way you can pick and choose what you want.(if you want to get that technical) They have some that give the appearance of long blades of grass. you may have to thin them out a bit, otherwise the paint gets gooped up quick. I found that it helped trying a few practice stencils on a piece of cardboard to figure out your pattern. I had did this to a truck last spring...I have since sold it. I really wish I had taken pictures..

Dan Thiem

I had a 1988 Chevy Fun ton. It had the paint delam problem with the silver paint. I scraped most of off with a razorblade. Then I scuffed it with a Scotch brite pad. Cleaned it off and taped up around the area I didn't want oversrpay. Then I spray bombed it with a light dull beige camo paint. After that dried I used a dull green, dull brown, and flat black spray bomb to paint the leaves. I just plucked off maple, elm, and sumac. Just hold on the truck and spray paint the leaf. When you take the leaf off it leaves a perfect shape of it.

It turned out so good many people asked where I got the stickers for it.