• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
hondavxr

Report for 3/19

hondavxr

Today was a slow day. I think I need to find a place that is more consistant. I was in the Bayport area on the WI side. Ice is around 10-16 inches but with about 3 inches of slush ice. Ice was very inconcistant and varied from place to place. Fished in about 43 ft of water. Only one slabber today. I did notice that the minnows and baitfish are everywhere. My Marcum never stop flashing from the schools moving through. Its hard trying to fight the native baitfish for a bite from a fish. I am going to be out on Monday morning so give me a holla if you see me, I'll be in a Eskimo traveler shanty. Good Luck and stay safe.

TRZ

I was out there sun. from 12 to 5 and slow was the word. I started in 34ft and then hit the hole in about 41 and we didn't even get a bite. terrible. The river has really slowed down as of late for me. confused.gif

hondavxr

Again baitfish every where I went. My Marcum was lit up the whole day. Only manage 2 slabbers and a moon eye. I fished in 42 ft of water. For some reason it does seem like the fishing has slow down at the Croix. I think it has to do with the baitfish, because you have to fight with them to get a bite. But once in a while there is lazy fish who will go for the easy kill. That's when you catch one. I might start moving in closer to the shores. Good luck guys, looks like there might be a few more weeks before the ice is gone at the Croix. Have fun

J_D

I agree. I fished all weekend and only ended up with 4 crappies that were keepers. The weather was absolutely beautiful so that kept me out there. Good Luck!!

Fishin Beast

Went out there today from 10:00am - 12:30pm. Alot of baitfish like all the posts have been saying. Did end up catching a 15" walleye on a waxworm, and missed one good fish on a minnow.

Nice day but like all the posts lately alot of bait moving around under the hole.

croixeyes

Hondavxr... If yer out on that ice in a few weeks let me know cause I want to get your picture as you float downstream.River is open from the Stillwater bridge up.Wondering if you guys have noticed ,is the water more murky?If so that may effect the bite.

hondavxr

If the ice is going that fast that means I better get my boat ready. Croixeyes you'll see me floating down the river, not in my portable, but in my boat. grin.gifgrin.gif

hunt4food

I was out there with my ATV on Sunday but it was a little iffy getting on because the edges are getting bad. I am going to try it one more time tomorrow afternoon on foot.