• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Golden Gophers PEAK in late January.............

redlake

OK, I think I'm starting to understand that third place games are meaningless. I just wish someone would have told Wis. so they wouldn't have kicked the crap out the gophers on their own ice for no reason whatsoever.

And no, it sure wasn't a barn burner, but I know there were quit a few gopher fans who paid good money for tickets and wasted half their day that wish it was.

Hey Herman, I just watched the end of the gopher b-ball and they lost too. But I bet they don't care, it was just the NIT, they didn't even try. confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Wassup with the armchair atheletes on here. Or maybe I should say keyboard atheletes? Did any of you actually play in any of the games mentioned? Or are all of you soooooooooooo smart you figured it out with the help of the TV and newspapers?

If you aint on the ice playin, dont be too quick to judge, I doubt there is a coach alive, that would tolerate a mediocre game just because it was meaningless. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

LMFAO! Yea whatever buzzy..........I see a few guys makin some pretty bolt statements on here is all I am getting at.

Do you agree? Or do you think the teams blew it all on purpose? Sounds like you feel to the latter of the two to me.

Lucia, Sandelin........doubt they told the team to not win.

But then again..........you all seem to know what you are talking aboot, LOL!

I was hoping you'd like that one. grin.gif I don't think they dropped the game on purpose because it didn't matter to them, I just think they had a "natural letdown" and didn't play anywhere near the level that they can and had been playing at. I played sports growing up and hated losing and if I was losing and sensed my teammates were not giving it as much as me I took it personally and got pissed and played mad. As far as making excuses for them... no interest... besides it all really doen't matter any longer, it's time for the games to begin. there is another thread, go post your predictions guys.

Nobody said they blew it on purpose or that it was ok that they didn't show up. They should've won that tournament but they didn't deserve to the way they played. Most people aren't going to remember their let down in the Final Five if/when they win the Frozen Four and I think their chances are good.

shocked.gif I have seen some upsets in my time, but this one takes the cake. (no pun intended)

Nice season for the gophies that ended too soon.

The Gophers choked! The Holy Cross goalie played solid and Briggs let in two more sort ones which spelled doom. frown.gif

the game tying goal, Briggs didnt know where the puck was, his players were in front of him, no fault on Briggs. Game Winner, it hit athertons skate and Briggs slid over because a pass was being attempted and HC got a break there and got the puck back and a wide open net to score, so no fault on Briggs. It was just a lucky break for HC and the game was slow and not exciting like UND/Mich game.

Well Wisc up 1-0 after 1.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• jparrucci
      Very low, probably 2 feet lower than last year at ice out.
    • mbeyer
      what do they look like this spring?
    • SkunkedAgain
      I might have missed a guess, but here are the ones that I noted:   JerkinLips – March 27th, then April 7th Brianf. – March 28th Bobberwatcher – April…. MikeG3Boat – April 10th SkunkedAgain – early April, then April 21st   Definitely a tough year for guesses, as it seemed to be a no-brainer early ice out. Then it got cold and snowed again.
    • mbeyer
      MN DNR posted April 13 as Ice out date for Vermilion
    • Brianf.
      ^^^45 in the morning and 47 in the evening
    • CigarGuy
      👍. What was the water temp in Black Bay? Thanks....
    • Brianf.
      No, that wasn't me.  I drive a 621 Ranger. 
    • CigarGuy
      So, that was you in the camo lund? I'm bummed, I have to head back to the cities tomorrow for a few days, then back up for at least a few weeks. Got the dock in and fired up to get out chasing some crappies till opener!
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Lots of ice on the main basin, but it is definitely deteriorating.  Some anglers have been fishing the open water at the mouth of the Rainy River in front of the Lighthouse Gap.  The rest of the basin is still iced over. Pike enthusiasts caught some big pike earlier last week tip up fishing in pre-spawn areas adjacent to traditional spawning areas.  8 - 14' of water using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring has been the ticket.  Ice fishing for all practical purposes is done for the year. The focus for the basin moving forward will be pike transitioning into back bays to spawn,  This is open water fishing and an opportunity available as the pike season is open year round on Lake of the Woods. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. With both the ice fishing and spring fishing on the Rainy River being so good, many are looking forward to the MN Fishing Opener on Saturday, May 11th.  It should be epic. On the Rainy River...  An absolutely incredible week of walleye and sturgeon fishing on the Rain Rainy River.     Walleye anglers, as a rule, caught good numbers of fish and lots of big fish.  This spring was one for the books.   To follow that up, the sturgeon season is currently underway and although every day can be different, many boats have caught 30 - 40 sturgeon in a day!  We have heard of fish measuring into the low 70 inch range.  Lots in the 60 - 70 inch range as well.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  Open water is continuing to expand in areas with current.  The sight of open water simply is wetting the pallet of those eager for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th.   A few locals were on the ice this week, targeting pike.  Some big slimers were iced along with some muskies as well.  If you like fishing for predators, LOW is healthy!  
    • Brianf.
      Early bird gets the worm some say...   I have it on good authority that this very special angler caught no walleyes or muskies and that any panfish caught were released unharmed.        

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.