• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

On Da Pond

went to the Golden pond yesterday and what a blast!! Nice sunnies 2 pushed 11 inches shocked.gif limit in under an hr and 5 nice perch to boot!! still alot of ice though i was surprised at how much was there yet

Thinking about comming out this comming weekend are you going to be out there?

herring, i didnt catch any UNDER 8 inches.. took me longer to drill holes than it did to catch fish!! lol and Hard, I should be out there again this weekend I walked out but ppl are still driving.. bout 16 inches of ice yet

what part of the lake you been on? my buddy lives on the south end, right where the tree stumps end his place is for sale, he does'nt even fish, don't know why he 's moving. if he didn't want an arm and a leg and my first grandchild i'd like to own it.

Herring I have been fishin by myself for the mostpart and not following that crowd on the south side. I myself have been along the northeastern side in about 14 ft of water wink.gif

i took a friend out there on sunday we did manage to catch a few by the crowd. we also fished over on the NE side. we all together we got 12 nice sunnies and we caught 3 bass all over 12 inches(alot of fun to catch on the UL). Hey bassmasher where did u walk out from?

i walked that long hike from the road.. that was my maroon impala where ppl drive on and off>. i'm gettin too old to walk that far, Gimme a ride next time!!! laugh.gif

talked to a friend thats building that garage on the north end of the lake and he said someone drove out on monday from hiway 9 all the way around the south end of the peninsila to the east side, they have been out every day and the sunnies are a bittin I'm going out tomarrow after work with a friend, we come in off the south shore on a four wheeler, maybe see you out their. bringing my minnie minnows, let you know tomarrow nite how we did

I cant make it our til friday.. mad.gif.. I have too much goin on at work and all that jazz but you can rest assured i will be there friday for sure , maybe even sunday too..would be nice if i didnt have to walk 14 miles to get there though!! laugh.gif

wnet out there after work today, got out alittle late though, a couple from melrose was out , don't know when they got there but they had 1 fish to go for their limit, lots of small ones though. the wind went right through us so we didn't stay long. got a couple small sunnies nothing to write hotspot about. the fish were on the vex but did'nt seem to hungry, I'll have to get out earlier and try they were driving out off hiway 9 ice was is great cond.

i sent the Melrose couple there, he made my fishhouse for me grin.gif.. told him to fish where i had been going ..I will still be there this weekend though, the stable weather will help I think

pond report 3-27-06.. Lots of sunnies but not alot of HUGE ones... most fish7-8 inches.. I kept 9 bigger ones for lunch today smile.gif..Also caught 4 bass and a pike that was about 5 lbs..thats fun on the ultralight!!!!

my buddy wants to take his grandson out there it should be fun for him, talked to a guy today that spent some time on the sloughs this winter and got 6 sunnies that are going on his wall, biggest he has seen, don't know if that is a good thing or not

I may put 1 on da wall if i ever get 1 that big but 6??? thats a lil excessive I think.. I 4got to mention I do have a crappie going on my wall from the pond though that i got sunday..17.5 inches shocked.gif i was thinkin it was a bass!! grin.gif

nice fish bass, that reminds me of one my cousin got on ripley over in litchfield, a white crappie the was measured by some guy at the bait store; it was 26" could'nt believe it till I saw the pics guess alot of them were caught that year, I'll see if I can get a pic for you

basssmasher

How far were those crappies you were catching off the bottom??? I let a buddy take my vex to LOW last weekend and somehow you managed to run it over with his truck mad.gif I'll have the camera with but that does'nt do any good after dark so if you could help me out it would be appreciated. Going to try it Thursday afterwork

eye i was markin fish from bottom all the way up to 4 ft off.. dunno exactly where it came from cuz the vex was lit up like a x-mas tree but I'd venture to say 2 ft off as thats where i got most when I fished em at nite there w/minnows.lemme know how the ice is thursday as i wanna go friday!!

I would sure love to see a crappie 26", that had to be what about 6lbs? that must have been the state record. I have seen crappies both white and black in the 17-18 inch range, but nothing ever over 20". Are you sure that crappie was 26"? I would have to see it to believe it.

26"?

wink.gif

STATE RECORDS

Crappie, Black: 5 pounds 0 ounces, 21 inches, Vermillion River (Dakota County), 1940.

Crappie, White: 3 pounds, 15 ounces, 18 inches, Lake Constance (Wright County), 07/28/2002.

16" ...okay believable.

26" ....NO WAY!!!

Bass around here don't even get that big wink.gif

Better look real close at the tape measure. I would like a tape like that for some of the new tournemens systems. I'll bet it started at 10" the end would make the fish look 26".

LMAO at the ruler startin at 10 inches!!! I think I need that on some tourneys when the minimum is 12 inches!!!! grin.gif

talded to the guy that caught it and hes sending me pictures I'll let you know when they show up

hey basssmasher how is the ice holding up that way? its pretty crappy around the atwater area. i guess one guy fell in on lake carie yesterday and lost his fishing stuff, but he made it out ok

the ice was good last week but i dont think Ill get out there again til open water now

Drove by Games and Norway this morning, the ice is looking pretty dark. Did see one guy out fishing on Games last night on the way home...