• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HotMaps GOLD+

Has anyone seen or used the new HotMaps GOLD+ area 17, which includes the Canada side of LOW? I could use the high definition and better contours that they claim.

I have HotmapsGoldNorth but i think it is the older version. It does not say plus, and has Dec 2004 scribed on the chip. I was not impressed especially after i had learned about the Lakemaster chip. However, just recently I was checking out portions of Ontario, and yes it does show pretty good detail of all of the islands, channels, ect. I am sure it has all 14000 islands but i didnt count them. The chip just does not show any great detail of the vast openness of the US portion of LOW. After viewing parts of Canada I then realized that it wasnt that big of a waist of money.In fact, at first i regret buying that chip, only until I looked into the Canadian portion. For someone that fishes Canada I would say that the chip is a must.

HotmapsGold has the birdseye view of LOW down pat, but in a fishes perspective, they need to do just a little surveying.

I think the Navionics West Great Lakes Gold chip is the only chip to have if you are fishing/boating Ontario Lake of the Woods. I have found the Hot Maps to be not as accurate. They are good, but not as good as the Navionics.

I have the Navionics Gold cartridge for Lake of the Woods dated Nov 2004. It is NE/2G182S. On the ontario side in sabaskong, miles, sunset channel areas it matches my Canidian Hydrographic Paper Map. That chip is discontinued but found one last month for $129.

As one poster said the Gold Great Lakes West contains Woods. Navionics told me that the only way to get the detailed map of Woods was to buy the GGLW chip.

Note: The Navionics HotMaps Premium North chip dated Jan 2006 does not show they symbols for rocks awash or dangerous underwater rocks.

I am curious whether the Hotmaps Premium Canada Jan 2006 shows rocks awash and dangerous underwater rocks

OK So can anybody tell me exactly what is the best chip to buy for LOW American & Canadian? I will be using it in an lowrance X-15 MT THANK YOU!

I beleive Navionics "West Great Lakes" XL3 Gold would do you right. This includes: WEST GREAT LAKES MICHIGAN, SUPERIOR, HURON Including Lake of the Woods, Rainy Lake, North Channel, Georgian Bay, Green Bay and Lake Winnebago.

It's a ton of information, but it has what you need for LOW Canada and US.

Where did you find the chip? Do you know if they have any more? Can you send me in the right direction? Am addicted to fishing!!!!!

Purchased the Nav Gold 2G182S Lake of the Woods chip from Lake of the Woods Marine, in Baudette, MN . Open M-F 9AM-5PM. Don't know if they have anymore.

Reeds Tackle in MN also said they had the chip. Walker store via a call did not have it, but perhaps a mistake. Also, not sure if there is not another Reeds store in MN.

I went to the Navionics Dealer site and pulled up the dealers for MN and sent out lots of e-mails and also phoned a number of dealers.

If I were younger I would have purchased the Great Lakes Gold West map to get Rainy also. Just not going to learn another lake.

Good Luck!

{Please read forum policies, thanks}