• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

pikerliker

Hey guys was wondering what the ice conditions were on Washington. I was out last Sunday the 12th and it was choppy and melted by the landings but good ice out on the lake. I was thinking of trying today or this weekend but was wondering how the heavy snow, etc has affected it. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks ~piker

DLK

you should not have a problem been all around mud and bakers bay with 4 wheeler today

pikerliker

Thanks DLK that's what I was hoping to hear!

~piker

Crestliner-fever

so what kind of luck did you end up with? thinkin about going up there sunday?

pikerliker

Crestliner I didn't make it out yet. It looks like Monday AM for me. Let me know how you did.

~piker

engfish

DLK, how was fishing on Saturday? I fished Baker most of the morning and saw lots of fish and connected with few. I fished spots that I've done well in 12 ft. to 15 ft. and struggled. The highlight of the day was talking to a guy on his red ATV about Fatboys. I turned around to show him the one I was using on my bobber line, and the stick, line, and Fatboy were all gone...Hope it was a nice sunnie.

I noticed a few people were fishing the south side of Mud and several people were fishing the west side of Baker closer to shore (about 13 ft. from my informant on the ATV).

Any info would be helpful.

P.S. It was a beautiful day anyway!

harvey lee

How is the ice along shore at Westwood and the North landing?Any open water.

DLK

i got a few sunnies mainly shallow water started in 15 feet not much there then went to 12 got a few smaller ones there then to 9 foot got some nice ones 8 to 9 inches but i was looking for crappies all day ice in good shape just look out for squirrels point and narrows

engfish

There wasn't open water on Saturday, but there was a stake in the water from earlier when some of the vehicles started breaking through. If you scoot to the right or the left at the landing, it's safe for ATV travel.

I'm going to try and sneak over for a few hours on Monday night and try some of that shallower water again. I'll give you an update on the landing. The ice on the lake is still in great shape for this late in the season.

engfish

Thanks for the tip. What's your best jig been lately? We caught a few crappies last week in 15', and some of them were just below the ice in 5'-7', but that wasn't the case on Saturday.

pikerliker

I caught my limit of sunnies this morning in about an hour between 8-9am. The largest was 8&1/2 inches the smallest was 6&1/2 with the majority of them around the 7-7&1/2 inch range. They bit fairly aggressively. I was using glow jigs with spikes. I was in 10 ft of water. The ice was in pretty good condition. It actually seemed to be in better shape than my last trip out there on March 12th. Should be good for this week at least.

~piker

efgh

Pikerliker is right, the ice on Washington is the best it has been in two weeks, there is 2 ins. of snow and a few banks here and there, caught a few s.f. for a meal, there is just two of us, 10 is plenty, must have caugh 60 or so off West wood in 12 ft. of water, the acess at W.W. is the best it has been all of march. wink.gif

wplatehunter

I was on Washington both Saturday and sunday. The Fishing was kinda slow, and the fish we did get were on the smaller side. We fished a lot of different depths, but had our best luck on the north side of Bakers Bay in 9'-12' of water. Marked a lot of fish and had no problems driving the snowmobile around the lake.