• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

eyepatrol

It's been pretty quiet in here lately on the fishing reports! Did the snow slow everyone down? smirk.gif

Work "got in the way" again for me, but I think I'll have to get out next weekend. Anyone know if much snow has accumulated on the ice, or did it all just blow right over onto shore?

harvey lee

Iam all geared up for summer fishing,eyes and pannies. smile.gifAlso cannot wait to go to the Sturgeon fishing get-together in a month.Ive been planning on going eye fishing on the river the last week and a half,but the weather isnt helping. frown.gifPRETTY soon we will be doing 5 days a week of fishing. smile.gifsmile.gifI feel like im going through withdrawel.

The panfish should start going wild and the lakes still have to be O.K. for walking.If I dont get out in the boat on the river shortly,you know what slab of ice I will be back out on.Said I was done,maybe not.

eyepatrol

Yeah, I just fried up my last crappie last night for dinner (yummy). Lent time "forces" me to get some more fishing in! tongue.gifgrin.gif

Here's something I've wondered, and this is for anybody who might know....is there open water at the narrows on Washington? I've been thinking/wondering if a guy could put on his chest waders, carry a pole and jig box, walk across the ice and get to the narrows and wade out a bit to cast in the open water for crappies & sunnies, whenever it does open up. Or, is it so crammed with geese that the fish wouldn't hold in there, or don't they hold in there at all?? Just a thought I guess.

harvey lee

Basscatcher

There is a little road that will take you to the point by the narrows.No need to walk across ther ice.

The last time I was on the lake the narrows was open somewhat and yes,the geese were in there.I would think that with a little more warm weather your plan would work.

eyepatrol

Quote:

There is a little road that will take you to the point by the narrows.No need to walk across ther ice.

I didn't know that! Is there a public parking area at the end of that road or something?

Team Otter

I was just thinking the same thing.

Trips up north to Mille Lacs and Upper Red got in the way for me. smirk.gif

harvey lee

Ive seen it from the lake in the boat.I believe if you are going towards the north landing from the park,it is just a bit b-4 the north landing.I dont know the name of it.I believe you can walk right out to that point.Pretty sure

hawkeye43

There is about 6" of snow on the lake. I had a ball this morning. I got to try out my new sweet heart and a new legend rods. The sweet heart I dropped down first and had a nice sunfish right away.I was surprized how nice the rod felt and could feel the little ticks of the fish hitting. I don't why I waited so long to get one after people say how great they are, might be the german in me I guess. Guys don't put your stuff away yet the best is yet to come. grin.gif

eyepatrol

Thanks Harvey Lee. I may have to take a look into that and consider giving it a try.

eyepatrol

And now you SOLD your gear??? frown.gifconfused.gif

Or have you replaced that gear already?

Team Otter

The new stuff is on the way. Should be here by mid-week.

eyepatrol

Ahh...good to hear. I was almost going to have to rub it in on ya for missing the late-ice bite, as I recall someone telling me not to put the gear away yet! smirk.gifgrin.gif

Team Otter

Have no fear. I'll be out this coming weekend.