• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

CLYDES 2ND ANNUAL TEAM WALLEYE TOURNAMENT

Clydes_St_Croix

Clyde's 2nd Annual Team Walleye Tournament will be held on June 2-3. The entry fee will be $300 per team ($150 per angler). This year we applied for 75 boats tourny and estimated payout, if we fill all 75 postions, is $6500. We will pay down to 10 spots.

In order to keep this tourney going I had to pay out a fairly substantial sum of money this year. So I need you guys and gals to help me promote it.

To get things ramped up I am having a Game Feed on April 20 and having Jerry Hein, a local who fishes the FLW Walleye Tour, give a seminar on "Pre-Tournament Fishing Stratagies For Rivers".

You can call Clyde's for more information on the Game Feed (651-439-6554). For tourny questions call Preformance Promotions (763-535-8011).

I will be out of town for a MWC walleye tourny from March 19-27 if you want to talk with me. I'm not sure if I will be around a computer but I will try to keep up on posts.

Frank Pilney

COUNT ME INNNNNNN. Well start spreading the word Frank.Ill try givin you a call to see if you need any assistance on anything,such as keeping Turk from trying to break ice to prefish..

That's great news. This early announcement should stir up a big field - maybe even a waiting list.

Shale ....you could use a new partner,someone who really knows how to rig.. laugh.giflaugh.gif

I'm not concerned about my partner's rigging abilities. I'm more worried about the Hudson boys like the Klunds, Mark Johnson, Bleaker, Stayberg (could go on)... These guys grew up fishing meat. grin.gif

Scott,

How come you didn't mention your brother in the worried about list? Could it be because Davey targets 14-16 inch saugers while he relives his ice fishing season?

Gang- This is about the most fun of all tournaments I've been in, I encourage all to enter. There is no better way to learn a body of water than be in a tournament. The two day event, makes you expand your horizons much more than a one day tourny. Plus you rub shoulders with guys and learn a lot about the water you have fished. Clyde's is also a beautiful place to hold the event as it's right on the water.

Keep catchin'

Turk

oes anyone know the boundries for the tourney? Caqn we fish anywhere from Stillwater south? I'm interested just because I'd love to fish againts the local best and see if I stack up or if I really need to adapt my open water approach. Course you guys that fish down there all the time have some distinct advantages but I would like to see if I can compete with you all. Sounds like great fun to me. Hopefully no wedding will keep me out this spring! Can we get a post of the times, boundries ect: I know, I could call but I'd hate to injure a wrist or finger grin.gifooo.gif dialing! grin.gif

Tunrevir~

Tunrevir..Heres what I know so far.Boundries this year have changed from last year.This year you can fish from the highbridge north of Stillwater to Prescott on the Croix,also included is all of pool 3 on the Miss.Hastings to Redwing is that boundry,Its a long haul from the weigh in site to the Miss but if you know that section and have the craft to do the miles go for it.I would suggest signing up for the game feed in april as well ,Frank puts on a good spread for things like this.Last years event was alot of fun,and with a good turnout this year it could become an annual event.

Crioxeyes,

Sounds like a great event. I tend to like the boundries if that is indeed what they are. I have a small craft but I think I could make the run either way at this point and still be in time for the weigh in and a little wild game. Clydes has excellant food, but wild game feed really peaks my interest! Always looking for new ways to prepare the bounty that the good Lord puts out there for us! Sounds like your in from the posts I've read. I'm looking foreward to it, plus, I like that it might just be an annual event for years to come!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

I thought about this one last year but just dont have the ride to meet the needs. Thought about using a cooler with the airator to keep the fish alive but that just more weight. If I can recrute someone with a bigger cannon on the back of there boat you might see me out there as well. Sure sounds like fun!!

Turk,

It's tough to count davey out. Who knows - a box of good saugers could take it on a really tough bite.

Kidding aside..

Like you said, this is a great tournament. Anyone who fishes walleyes on the St. Croix is missing out if they don't enter.

• 1 month later...

To all of you who showed up at the game feed I want to thank you. Also I want to give Jerry Hein a special thanks for coming out for the walleye seminar he put on and to David James for the free Rapala's he gave to those of you who attented.

If anyone is interested there will be slips available in the Marina for the tournament. There is electricity (you may need a converter) on the slips and security in the Marina. The fee is $10.00 a night which also lets you use the ramp. Why not wake up the day of the tourney and get in your boat vs. unloading at another ramp. Just a suggestion ....

The Marina's phone # for reservations is 439-2040. Call early.

Frank PIlney

How do you sign up for the Tournament?

PRESCOTT ROB ....You can find entry forms for the tournament at Jimmys bait in Stillwater.Ill try to get some down in the Prescott area on Sunday as well.

Thanks Croixeyes I appreciate the feedback! Looking forward to it. Do you have any idea of what a winning bag weighs for the tournament?

Prescott Rob..Id say if you can bring 12 to 15 lbs each day of the tourney your doing pretty good.I think the winning total for last year was 29lbs.Im pretty sure this is a 5 fish bag limit 15inch minimum length on walleyes and saugeye.Sauger there is no size limit.Last year sauger had to be 15inches also,not sure why they changed it.Like to see alot of fmers at the tournament this year.

croixeyes,

I'm not sure where the misunderstanding of the sauger size limit came in but I will make sure there is a 15 inch limit on them. I will also take care of another misundersting on what time to launch. I think John said 6:00 but I'd like to see it start at 7:00.

I have plenty of application at the restaurant if anyone wants to grab some and put them in other bait shops.

Thanks,

Frank

Thanks Frank..I think that will be alot easier on everyone.Id hate to see someone bring in a 14inch saugeye and think it was a sauger.If John is the one running the tourney,thats who we were talking to about minimum size limits.Also your right,we were told it would start at 6:00.Hopefully we will have enough people to do 2 flights,if this is the case do you think 15mins or a half hour would be a better split.In other tourneys ive done the half hour seems to work pretty well,It gives the first wave enough time to weigh and get out of the way for the second wave.It would keep the cluster of boats in the marina down.

croixeyes

Thanks for your input. If there is enough boats I like the idea of a half hour between flights. I'll check on it when I get back from New York. Another way to keep the cluster down is to rent a slip in the Marina for $10 a night. There # is 651-439-2040.

I'm leaving right now for a Henderson Harbor (Lake Onterio)for an MWC tourney. They have the biggest walleyes I have ever seen. Last year I caught nothing under 7 pounds (one a legit 12-13 pounder) but did poor in the tournamnet.

I will be back for Mother's Day at the Restaurant (flying back to work, then fly back out Monday) and will check any posts when I get back.

Keep pushing the tournament boys and girls. Alot of you have not signed up yet.

Frank

This will be a 2day tournament probably starting at 7am and ending at 3pm each day .June 2 and 3rd....

It sounds like Frank has stated the start will be 7:00 so 7:00 to 3:00pm.

Hey guys...I talked to Frank before he left town to get ready for a tourney in NY.Just wanted to let you know that anyone who has questions about the Clydes event coming up in June,can post here .Also if you were in last years event and have an opinion on how things could be done better,feel free to comment.

My only complaint was that Scott Hale and I didn't finish three places higher! But this year I'll be using a secret lure outlawed in Iowa, Florida, and French Guiana so things are shaping up...

Quote:

My only complaint was that Scott Hale and I didn't finish three places higher! But this year I'll be using a secret lure outlawed in Iowa, Florida, and French Guiana so things are shaping up...

corn? grin.gif

Dang Azzclwn dont give up my secret bait.Alright,alright its not just corn,its corn beads lined in front of a hula popper with four colors of lead at 1.8 mph .Thats bound to put me on top of the leader board.........

Quote:

Dang Azzclwn dont give up my secret bait.Alright,alright its not just corn,its corn beads lined in front of a hula popper with four colors of lead at 1.8 mph .Thats bound to put me on top of the leader board.........

hula popper ya say.... grin.gif

your secret is out, Croix

I am voting for a 6:00 start. If it is a 7:00 staggered by 30 minutes it will be noon before I get to my spot! They are counting the ones with the really big scales and funny looking mouth again this year right? I might have to buy a new hook cause they are all I can catch on the one I have now.

Here's the next tourny on the Croix until September, and this is about the best year you could have a tournament on the river!

It's a fun well run tourny, and if you can catch a 5 fish basket you've got a chance for cash! Get the Net!!!