• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ghillie suit

dadman

Anyone out here use a Ghillie suit?

If You yes do you like it?

Thinking about a new suit, always something needed or wanted.

One of my archery partners uses one and I would ask him,only problem is I cant see him.To be more serious,he likes it very much.He kind of looks like a pile of weeds.

I like the idea of them, but am concerned about them affecting the shot - and I need all the help I can get when it comes to flingin arrows! crazy.gif

I had the occasion a year ago to watch from my stand as some guy tried to approach a large doe wearing one of these get-ups. I was watching, the doe was watching, and when he got set up for the shot he had more junk caught up in the string than I care to mention. Needless to say, the deer lives on, and he is short one sleeve to his probably-expensive camo suit. They migh have a place in the firearm world while doing dogs or chucks but the archery arena isn't the place for one.

It would probably make more sense when shooting rifles and slugs. As stated above, it would likely interfere with your shot.

Plus they look so godawful dumb and silly you wouldn't catch me dead in one!

I think that ghillies have the potential to work well with rifle/shotgun applications in brushy/weedy environments. The idea is the blend into your surroundings, and if you're not in an area with tall grass/brush/bushes, you simply don't have the same amount of vertical "strips" or lines being shown as you need to break you up. I say this after turkey hunting with a friends dad who used one in an open hardwoods forest application. We didn't get close enough to birds to bust him that day, but I think I blended in better with standard fare camo.

Just my two cents.

Joel

Quote:

They might have a place in the firearm world while doing dogs or chucks but the archery arena isn't the place for one.

Sicko. grin.gif

Joel

This must reflect the company I kept this last weekend, eh?

I made one several years ago with the intention of using it for field hunting geese. They are exatly as they look, A tangly cluster ________. Couldnt imagine trying to shoot my bow out of it. confused.gif I now own several final approaches. They do blend in well I thought, I used it once playin paintball and left with minimall color.

Not saying I care what I look like, they're just a mess getting stuck to stuff, and gettin in the way.

I have hunted coyotes with a guy who wears a ghillie, and I have literally watched him disapear in the tree line....they have their places, bow hunting? expect the worse

Sorry Redwalleye, wasn't referring to you. Blackjak made a comment about how silly they look.