• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Putting together a FM LOW trip..............

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Bob

• Northlander

• Leaky

• MT Net

Dr. Bob,
Thanks so much for the quick repie. Just keep me posted,what is going on. I marked the dated down in my work week booklet,I use during the summer.Just let me know when the money is due. Thanks again.

Little Perch -

You are plenty welcome to come along. The dates are Friday March 26th to Sunday the 28th. If more guys jump in we will get another house (if available) or if someone drops out you are welcome to join in on the house we already have.

You are right - it is bring your own bottle, sleeping bag and ear plugs grin.gif.

We will come up with a menu somewhere down the road aways. I am thinking about doing Chicken Kiev / Linguini for the first night and a fish-fry for the second night. Then probably bacon / eggs for one breakfast and potato-sausage for the other. I think Leaky and I can handle the food for this. If we get another house going someone else can be the food planner for that one.

I am bringing the 12 volt fillet knife again guys...............Look out Willies here we come shocked.gif

Looks like a great menu! Someone going to be the designated coffee boy? Forgetting it would be a disaster. wink.gif By the way, what are the preferred flavor for refreshments?

Hey Northlander - Sure glad to see you are back in!! I'm only going to EAT bacon this trip. No cooking it for this guy. Bob's got a big club if I get anywhere near it grin.gif

Mom's coming down next weekend, so it's time to reload the freezer with some good ole Ely Food. Potato Sausage & Mock Chicken Legs. I'll bring a package of those mockers, along with the sausage, for a little mid afternoon treat.

MT - We definately can't forget the coffee. Put me down for a 30 pack of Schmidt, 1 pint of Root Beer, 1 qt of OJ, 1 gallon of milk, and 1 gallon of water. Just kidding grin.gif We can take care of each of our own beverages.

Dr Bob,
How many guys do you have already commited in your shany right now.How many more do you need to have to fill a nother shanty up?I know they are sleepers in my mide I will call they shanys.I shure sounds like its going to be a blast big time.Hope to here from you soon Again thanks for every thing

Dr.Bob,
I was wonder if you wanted me to bring any thing else.Except my bottle of wisky and sleeping bag.If you did please let me know one way or the other.I rember reading you might need a coffee a boy.Since I am the youngits guy I would be willing to run the coffee pot and the toater if you have fried eggs Just let me know one way or the other
Thanks again

Gary, the dates are Friday March 26th to Sunday the 28th. Ace tells me you whip up some tasty shore lunch potatoes.

Maybe I'll bring some Baileys to go with the coffee...

Leaky,
Thorp is east of Eau Claire,Wis.about 35 miles.I am looking forward to this trip with u guys in March.If I can go if there is enough people for a sencond shany.There will be 3 of us go to Low the 15tn through 18 of this month.

We are in luck little prech smile.gif. I just talked to Bryant and got us upgraded to his HUMONGOUS 10 man sleeper. Are you pumped about LOW or what??? I am glad we can fit you in! This is going to be FUN! (BTW - Up here we call them fish houses not "shanties" like you Cheese Heads do grin.gif.)

So you are from the Eau Claire area hey? I just got back from there a few minutes ago! I was down visiting my aunt in Pigeon Falls.

Coffee - Yes definitely! I have a 14 cup stainless steel pot that I will bring along. It should do the trick if it is just the seven of us. If we get more guys we may have to bring another. I am not sure what there is there for coffee pots but I can ask b4 then. I hate aluminum pot coffee. It don't taste like coffee...........

So anyway - We got room for 3 more guys now!!! And Bryant said he will fix us up with another house if we need it. I am not going to worry about a deposit at this time. Bryant trusts me on this and I feel I can count on there being enough guys to cover the one house. If we need a second house we can talk about it then. I thanked Bryant for giving us the 20% discount. That was way cool of those guys!!!

Gary - you are in charge of spud cooking for the fish fry. In fact maybe we should put you in charge of the entire fish fry grin.gif. Perhaps we should assign Leaky as your assistant. You gotta watch him though - he talks a lot and gets off task. He is easily redirected though grin.gif.

Leaky - bring your apron.

Rob - What else did Ace say about Gary? smile.gif

No keep leaky in the corner with his bottle. He has clean up duty. Cagun food isnt my cup of tea. grin.gif By the way Ill bring the muffler for him. Leaky would 151 Bacardi quiet ya down a bit? Oh and anyone drinking SCHMIDT beer in a 10 man house is banned. Way to gassy! grin.gif Ill bring some real beer, beef jerky, pop, water and anything else bob says to.
Bob with this many guys we have to have a 1st fish, biggest fish, ugliest fish and most fish pot! You can just give me your donations on my arrival. LOL
Well I cant wait!

Leaky,
Are you from Ashland? Or Duluth?
Dr.Bob,
It was cool to here you were in my area today?Great to here you got a biger sleeper
for the group.Herd a lot of good things about Gibbins.Never fish with them before.Always been going to schusters resort..They reall got a nice set up there.Never been dispointed with them.Can't want to try a nother good resort like Gibbins.Sounds like they really go out of there way to please there cosmters.
I was wonder where do you live Minn or Wis?

Nothlander,
I sure really like your humor.You reall got some class. Can't wait till I meet in person.You really sound like a great guy to hang out with."Not ment in funny bussines if you got my drift"

Little Perch if ya click on the face with the ? you will get the person who posteds Bio and that will tell ya where they live. I see your in Wi. to. Im in Superior. I assume you have to come by this way to go to LOW? If so we could hook up and rideshare if your ok with that? Split gas and save some $?
By the way your the only one to ever say I have a sense of humor. Including my wife! grin.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Ok I'm not sittin on the fence any more. Let me in please. 10 guys in one shack, oohwee I hope the fish are bitin, how do we sleep standing up. Leaky uncensored on LOW, FARSURE!

Northlander,
You are right I will be comming through Superior.Sounds like a good plain to hook up the ride together to cut the cost on gas and save some money.Just got to find out when Dr.Bob plains to hit the ice.Will it be Friday moring or eveing.Time onley tell buy then.If there are more of us from Wi why don't we all get togather and ride in one truck or car and really save some money.

You guys might as well pick up S.T. on your way too smile.gif.

S.T. - I am really happy to hear you jump in. Now we need to get Xplorer, Chunky, Catfish, Thin Line and REEFRAKER to jump in! Start working on those guys hey!

little perch - I am about 60 miles or so north of Duluth. My Dad was from Pigeon and my Ma was from Strum. We moved up here when the old man retired from the Navy in 74. Ya, I know guys - I'm a Navy Brat, can't you tell.

Northlander - We fershur need to have a fishing contest out of this. I'll gladly take your $ again grin.gif.

The cityiots, opps smile.gif, I mean Leaky and MT Net, are meeting me at my house around noon I think (Friday) and we are taking off from here. I live about 3 hours or so from Gibbins. Gary lives right down the road from me too so he can jump in with us if he wants. If other guys can't get going until later, I think that is okay. I believe Bryant will haul you out there when you show up as long as it is not real late.

[This message has been edited by Dr. Bob (edited 12-06-2003).]

Geez - I leave for one day to go watch Tanya Tucker strut her stuff on stage (pretty good stuff at that) and look at what I come back to.

Northlander-That 151 won't quiet me down, it'll PUT me down. Maybe that's not such a bad thing. grin.gif Just remember, those Scmidtys are refreshing in more ways than one grin.gif Good idea on the contests. I'll just give ya my George Washingtons now. Bob's a lock on the ugly fish. Did you see that picture of the pout he caught up there? The resemblance of him and the fish was uncanny. grin.gif

Little Perch - I lived in Ashland for a year a long time ago. Grew up in Ely and currently one of those citiots that live in the concrete jungle. Glad to see you are going to make it.

ST: You Da Man! Glad to see your going to make it. Uncensored it will be!!

Doc: Thanks for making the arrangements for a bigger house. Not only will I bring an apron, I'll see about finding a chefs hat. As an assistant, at least I'll look important. grin.gif Noon on Friday at your house it will be.

It looks like this trip has some potential. Can't wait!!

Dr. Bob! Citiots? Crap, a guy just can't win. blush.gifwink.gif I was fishing with Ace, and Gary pulls up to see whats going on. He said Gary makes a great shorelunch, then we talked about those tasty firepit potaotes, fried walleyes... then we agreed that us East Enders of the Big V were better looking. wink.gifgrin.gif

Leaky,
Good concert? I have such a chef's hat, I'll find room in the pack for it. Schmittys? Not any of those big city designer brews? grin.gif Pig's Eye anyone? wink.gif

Looks like we're not short on camp cooks and food.

Tanya Tucker! Oh my I hope theres no CD box in that sleeper! Reminds me of going fishen with the old man. Tanya, Johny, Merl, Willi, Hank Oh well ya get the picture. "I walk the line". grin.gif

Speaking of Tunes - does anyone have a good boom box that runs off of 12 volt?

There are 12 volt batterys in all of the houses. I have got lots of CD's and a boom box, but it is not the greatest.

When it was just the 3 of us I was going to bring my 9" TV/DVD/CD player and we were going to watch some "Movies". I think with this many guys I should probably leave it home.

We need tunes though..............

Yeah, forget tunes.

When Leaky speaks, it's like an electromagnetic burst that shorts out all telecommunications. wink.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

LOL. OH...........yous guys.

Northlander - The wife made me do it. Thats OK, though. It was a small price to pay to spend the rest of the winter fishing. Rest assured, there will be no TT playing in the boom box. (Or Cher for that matter, that was the last concert I got dragged to.)

MT: I thought Schmidt WAS a designer brew. Ever see those cool deer on the cans? grin.gif

Bob - Today I'm cookin up that pheasant you brought down. Should be some good chow after the Vikes game. Thanks again.

[This message has been edited by Leaky (edited 12-07-2003).]

St,
I and northlaner are going to meet up and car pool the rest of the way to the big pond.Would you like to join in and save some $ on gas and all pile in one car or truck since you are on the way to the big pond.Let us know what you think.
DrBob,
Let me know what to bring as food for the trip.Got some home made venceance hamburger very very good.You might really like it.If any thing onj the menue you want me to bring just let me know.
What time of the day do plan to get to the big pond.And when does gibbins start taking us out for the eveing for the sleeper.