• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Putting together a FM LOW trip..............

Hey guys Jason again. Last year at the end of the season we had a little ice-off party. We had the grills out there we drilled a bunch of holes so people driving by could come and fish and enjoy a good meal. I served up some good burgers, dogs, potatoes, and other little munchables. And we can't start a tradition and just stop it. So I am sure that we will be having it again this year, probably the wekkend that you guys are out there. So that will be grrreat. We will show you guys a great time. Well I got to go to bed so see ya later guys.

------------------
Fish On! Fire and Ice Fishing

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Bob

• Northlander

• Leaky

• MT Net

Hey Jason - I'll be joining the good Dr. on this expedition. That sounds great!! Hope we can get a few others to jump on board.

Jim

I can't wait. It is going to be a blast grin.gif.

So far we have Me, Leaky, MT Net and Northlander for sure. And possibly ST and Xplorer. Like you said Leaky, hopefully others will jump in too.

Jason - how are reservations looking for that weekend? Are there still houses open?

The forcast is calling for winter to come back tomorrow. YeHaaw - grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif.

That's a bummer. I hope to see you up there anyway.

The price is not bad to me. When I figure drive time from town (and gas for my gas hog), $5.00 x 2 for lake access, bait and motel - then it is not such a bad deal. I skip eating in a restaurant this way to which saves quite a bit.

The houses are great and once I am there I only have to fish - no packing and unpacking, ect.

Ah..... come on Northlander. Going to miss your fish frying expertice. That also means I might have to cook the bacon. Oh Oh, hockey pucks for breakfast again. wink.gif

I don't make a habit of doing these kind of weekends, but it sure is nice after a 6 hour drive to just show up, have the house heated, holes drilled, kitchen set up, and just sit back and fish. Oh yeah, maybe a cold one or two. Heck Jason has to make a living too.

Oh Well - Hope to see ya on the ice sometime this winter.

Jim

[This message has been edited by Leaky (edited 11-20-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Leaky (edited 11-20-2003).]

Ill see if I can get some $ out of my comp. bank. That still seems expensive to me! $68 times 3 days is $204. Ouch! Thats a lot of Beer, Bait and food. And a hotel.

Steve - They are only charging us for 2 nights. $68 x 2

Can't help you on the beer though, I have to fend for myself.

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Bob I may not be able to go. That price was steep to me anyway. I get a room for 2 for that price. $68 times 6 = $408 a night. Boy he better feed ya, bath ya, get ya a date etc. Anyways maybe he can give ya 25% off like he did for the ice series. What do ya say Jason, come down on the price a bit? After all we are all FM members and PRO Staff. I think Ill stay with Gibbons for the ice series though. Its nice to wake up and fish and not drive for 1/2 hr. or so.

[This message has been edited by Northlander (edited 11-20-2003).]

what am i, chopped beef? just cause i havn't kept up on the duluth forum lately, doesn't mean i don't like drin....er fish. i still figure on going, and i have not even brought it up on url forum yet. this thing could get ugly grin.gif
hey dr.bob, you still on for red this winter?

keep your stick on the ice!! jigglestick

Jiggle - I sent you a heads up email on this when the date was official. You must have missed it. So I take it you are in - that makes four smile.gif. I am glad to hear you are coming!!! Bring your ear plugs though, Leaky gets a little loud grin.gif.

I still want to go to Red. And I still have the 20.

[This message has been edited by Dr. Bob (edited 11-21-2003).]

smile.gif

------------------
summer is just the dog days of winter jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

Hey guys, Bryant and Jason here. Well we'll tell ya what. Since you feel that 68 per night if too steep we are willing to give your group 20% off. We feel that this is a fair price, compared to all the others out there. We have the best houses on the Lake. We supply everything for you, including bait. We had no complaints last year about the price, because we have such great service. And you can just ask Dr. Bob about that. Go to our website and check out the HAWG that we put Lil Jake on. Well just thought that I would check in and let ya know that we are willing to work with the FMers, and Pro Staff in any which way we can. And we can guarantee you are going to have a great time at our place. Fish On, Bryant and Jason(Southern Slayer and Northern Killa)(Fire and Ice)

------------------
Fish On! Fire and Ice Fishing

Jason that is a great gesture and Ill do everything I can to get up there and shake your hand. Bob is there still room for me?

ah heck, i was happy with paying 68 bucks. now i'm gettin' all choked up. what's this? kinda gettin hard to see the keyboard...my eyes...there all blury...no...i won't cry...i'm so happy smile.gif
thanks jason and bryant. i am looking forward to my second trip to low. the first time was a blast! i guess by the time this trip rools around, it might be more like my 10th trip, but still looking forward to it!

------------------
keep your 9 iron on the ice!! jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

[This message has been edited by jigglestick (edited 12-01-2003).]

Gary, you in? Maybe some of my free refreshments will get you to share some of your Big V secrets. wink.gif We'll be driving up to Dr. Bob's, Leaky and I. See you there.

Jason & Bryant: Thank you. It wasn't necessary, but very much appreciated. Really looking forward to getting up there. Bob has said nothing but good things.

Jiggle & Gary - Will look forward to meeting you guys. Jiggle can cough up all his Red Lake secrets, ( NO CLAMPS for this guy, though) Gary all his Birch & Vermilion. We'll bring enough "truth serum" to get it out of both of ya. grin.gif

MT - Better bring plenty of Serum, or it'll be Schmidts for you all weekend. grin.gif

Jim

Bob are ya out there? Still room for me? With Jason doing his best for us I cant not go! Thanks again Jason! If you ever want a guided trip on the St.Louis let me know.

Wow thanks Bryant and Jason!!!

I sure did not expect you guys to do that. It is much apprecaited smile.gif.

Sorry I have not been around guys - Jake has been really sick since Friday with a bad sore throat and a temp topping out at 106 each day shocked.gif. It finally broke last night and we just got home from the hospital a couple of hours ago. He still feels pretty rough but gobbled down a 1/4 pounder w/cheese this afternoon and started razzing me about being a better fisherman than I - So I know he is going to be fine grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif.

Yes Steve and Gary, we have room. With you guys plus Jiggle, Leaky, MT Net and me we have a full house. If others want to join in we will have to get another one. Bryant or Jason - are there any more houses left that weekend??? It would be cool to have a LARGE crew up for this. Maybe some more of those IBOT guys will migrate north?

Well I had better get movin along.....................Doc

Im in as long as im gainfully employed...saving now ...looking forward to this trip, big time!!!

------------------
garysguideservice
garytheguide.com
[email protected]
Phone: 218-744-3158

[This message has been edited by garytheguide (edited 12-03-2003).]

Dr Bob,
I was wondering if I am a day late and a dollar short. I was wondering if I could get into your fishing trip on the big pond.Did I read right 68 per person.Does a person bring there own food. Or is there a meal plan inclued.Never stayed in a sleeper before. Way I read it bring your own drink.I hope there is not to many dum questions aked.Hope to here from u soon little prch

Dr Bob,
Forgot to ask yearly.When are you plain to go to the big pond?I mean the dates again.So sorry suffer fron crst.It has been a long hot summer laying blacktop.Please also let me know when the money is do.And if you can't find any more people don't worry about it. Will not be up set.Just let me know one way or the other.Thanks Again,Little prech

Dr Bob,
Forgot to ask yearly.When are you plain to go to the big pond?I mean the dates again.So sorry suffer fron crst.It has been a long hot summer laying blacktop.Please also let me know when the money is do.And if you can't find any more people don't worry about it. Will not be up set.Just let me know one way or the other.Thanks Again,Little prech