• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gotta love this stinkin weather. I just got in from clearing the three driveways and 800 feet of sidewalk frontage I do each time it snows. Its not heavy, but it is getting deep.

I was really getting to like what January brought us. Maybe if we can get the Ruskies to to do a collective inhale and suck this front, snow and wind back over the polar ice cap we can get back on track with the nice stuff again.

Its too windy to fish Silver Lake right now and trudging thru snow is out. I found out this morning why the directions on this heart medication say to wait an hour after taking before exertion. Also found out that you don't exert until you take the stuff too. Now if we had 60's out there, I would not have to do any exerting to find these things out the hard way. I want heat!

CT you gotta love this snow, it keeps people like me out of school and able to go do some more fishing. wink.gif

At the rate we're goin, we're gonna be ice fishing in May (I'm not sure if I'm complaining or if I'm happy about that). I knew Winter was going to show up late this year.

figures.

uff da. We really needed this one. Unfortunately it will only amount to about .35 to .50" liquid, but it's a start. We've been running a bit too far behind in the precip department.

Be careful with the exertion, Tom. A guy of your...stature...probably needs to be careful what he's doing. wink.gifgrin.gif

Amen CT. Lets git rid of this snow and cold weather and get to open water fishing.

I'm feeling the best I've felt in over a year and can't wait to get the boat out and get to drowning bait. Not only that but I've got a 7 year old grandson that wants to get going as well. Opening will be at Winnie again this year with my son and possibly my grandson. 7 might be just a tad young what with opening having the possibility of some rough cold weather.

Hope everything is going good with your ticker and the medication you're on works. I just had a week in St. Mary's where they finally shocked my heart back in rythum. It had been in AFIB (upper chambers beat faster then the lower) for a year. I finally saw a Cardio Dr. that said to try shocking first rather then go right to a pace maker.

I'm feeling great, loosing weight and ready to go.

Sounds like we dodged a bullet again. I'm not sure if we even had one flake up here.(I opened the door wink.gif)

That January thaw was perfect for fishing the winter trout season. I do agree though that some snow is needed. The streams have been very shallow and need a little flow to flush out some of the dead vegitation from last year. I used to enjoy snowshoeing, but we haven't had many opportunities for that in the past several years. Another storm like this one and we may be able to try out the shoes again.

CT be careful what you wish for!!!! i remember a guy complaining back in July about it being so hot he couldn't even think about going outside to work on his deck. all in good time my friends. ike

If you want a little more winter take a drive up here. It was -27 this morning, and similar the next 2 mornings. We also have 20" of snow pack. Snowmobile trails are in excellent shape and walleye bite has been decent with better reports lately. This cold will allow safe access on more of the lake.

If you're looking for summer better go somewhere else besides here until June something. We do have fantastic summer weather though - at least July and August.

Hey Wes....Good to hear from you. January here was something....30's and 40's for the most part. Now when we should be loking at getting over the hump we get the chills. I swear the seasons are flip-flopping.

Hey Wes! Nice to see you poke in once and a while. I heard you guys are in for some NASTY wind chill temps.