• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Scenic Bay??

Aces In The Hole

Report for today, one small perch was the only fish caught, nice sized one brought up to the hole, and at the end, missed something on a tip-up. We saw a ton of action on the FL-18 and Aqua-View though.

Just walked in the door after driving back from Scenic. Got out there yesterday afternoon and caught three nice perch in the evening. The rattle reels woke me up at about 7am, but they were to small to take the rainbow minnows. I ended up catching one jumbo in the morning and than nothing until 10am. Got twenty nice perch in an hour and went home. This was my first visit to Scenic, and I was pleased with the service, and the upgrade from a two man to a four man because they didn't feel comfortable with the placement of the two man. I'm eating perch tonight and will be back in the near future. Thanks.

WOW, you must of been using a secret bait!! We got to Scenic on Friday at noon. Captain Ron took us to our shanty which was on Hennipen Island. Spent all Friday and Saturday till noon and only caught a 6 inch perch and a 10 inch eel pout. So then he moved us to another house where we caught a nice perch but that was it. Then he moved us over by the bay where he said we might run into some Pike!! But guess what no Pike, just 1 small perch!! So finally we just went back to our regular shack and set up some rattle reels and tip ups, played poker and drank alot of beers. Caught about 5 Eel pouts!!!! All and all the fishing sucked, but the Captain was really nice for letting us go to different spots! We just came on the wrong weekend!!Maybe next time!

I too just got back from beautiful scenic bay. Ron and Cindy were really nice. Heck they even took a message for me from my g-friend. Middle of the lake and still can't get away. Well she did let me go every monday and tues for 2 months. Tough to argue with that. I got nothing after 6pm on monday. Then Woke up and caught 4 nice perch from 7am to noon. Then I decided to move around in the portable. Got 1 nice perch and after 2 more hours, headed back to the shanty. First time on mille lacs, and Those jumbos fight a lot better than crappies. I was happy, not thrilled, but happy. maybe next year I will get my wall hanging. Good luck, and call scenic bay!!!!

It was really a one two punch deal for me. I couldn't get any thing on the rainbows, so I switched to crappie minnows on Monday. I had a crappie minnow on a slip bobber and a medium sized Northland rattler(gold)on the other rod. If something would show up to take a look at the minnow on the bobber I would quickly drop down the jigging spoon in the hole beside me. If the fish was of any size he would usaully smack it within 10 seconds. XX was the cabin they had my girlfriend and I in. I just wish she would have thought the fishing was more interesting than her book! We could have caught twice as many! Oh well, at least she agreed to do it again. grin.gifgrin.gif

me and a buddy were up for wednesday and thursday. we caught 6 keeper perch, one pout, and one fat 27" walleye. the owners were very nice and always have been. not as fast as my buddy was hoping but i was happy with the big eye. the perch came on fatheads and crappie minnows, the eye came on the rattle reel with a fathead

hey I was in your house overnight on monday I think. Ron told me they caught a pig and some decent perch. Was it cabin 8???

i think we were in 27, out by henneipen island. i think a few hogs come out of there houses weekly. he seems to put people on fish. how did you do?

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.