• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New tow vehicle

I currently pull my 16' northwoods troller around with a 90 chev scottsdale. I get 9 mpg no matter what with or without the boat attached. I am seriously considering a 06 Nissan Titan. Does anybody have any info on gas mileage. The dealer says 14city 19hwy. Just thought maybe somebody might have more concrete info. Thanks for any advice.

Expect city mileage in the 15mpg range. hwy with trailer will be around 12-15 depending on your speed.

Unloaded hwy will vary depending on your speed, but they are very good on the hwy. You will see 16+. Some guys who do lots of flatland driving will hit 20mpg if they keep the rpms down (lighter on the gas pedal).

THey are really nice trucks in general and I wish I had one.

i don't think any full size gets that good of mpg. i would subtract 2-3 mpg off the sticker just because you will not be driving 55 mph everywhere with no wind and that is what the manufacturer bases it on. and a little less for towing.

maybe someone that owns a titan can let us know what they get.

HGS 24- I own a 2005 Titan and I love it. They are correct depending on how you are driving 15-20mpg is about right. I have an 8x16 but have only towed it out to the lake. But it pulled it without hesitation. My buddy owns a Nissan dealership in the Metro and I can put you in touch with him if your interested. Good deals!

Not that I didn't already say what you can expect. You can get that great of mileage and its not that hard to obey the speed limit.

I'm not sure about the premium fuel but I can't imagine why. The V8 makes it power on 87octane. I suppose you could get a programmer for more power and/or better mileage and use premium fuel.

Seriously go drive one if you haven't, you;ll love it.

I have done everything but drive the Titan, I want to wait until mar or april if I drive it i might cave. It doesn't take much to step up from where I'm at currently. The wife has an altima and i change the oil and brakes and thats it. The titan runs on e85 which is a plus i think. A little worried about the first go round of nissan building a full size truck

Quote:

I'm not sure about the premium fuel but I can't imagine why. The V8 makes it power on 87octane. I suppose you could get a programmer for more power and/or better mileage and use premium fuel.

Seriously go drive one if you haven't, you;ll love it.

The reason why I brought up the fuel requirement was whe I looked at them at the auto show the first year they came out it said right on the window sticker 91 octane fuel preffered or requried, but I can't remember which it was. If you use 87 in an engine that wants 91 you might not get the mileage you desire. May not notice the power in the "seat of the pants" but your wallet may notice the mileage.

HGS 24, welcome to Fishing Minnesota!

I wouldn't doubt the fuel mileage. I currently get 17 on the freeway and 14 in the city in the winter with my 06 Tundra. Warmer weather will easily bump me up to the estimated 15city 19 freeway.

I've never been a big fan of Nissan but I would drive a Titan before a Dodge or Chevy. Just think about that new car smell, Smooth ride, High tech horsepower, great interior, excellent sound system, (and the best part) how good it will look in your driveway!!

I think this is the first model year for the Titan. I'm still a little old school as far as first model years go. Although you rarely see the problems on the imports. Besides Nissan has had many years of dependable/reliable cars and trucks I don't think the Titan will be any different!

I went from a tahoe to a Armada...let me tell you the nissan is the way to go!! i get about 14mpg driving from chaska to edina when i drive it to work..my other truck is a mazda b2600 i get the gas mileage with that. But the Titan would be the truck i would go for!