• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Stiff Heater Hose!

jltimm

Question

I was wondering if there is any way around the stiff plasticlike hose that I have been using for my Mr. heater/cooker?It's a 5' black hose that you can buy at all the stores,but the hose is impossibly stiff and it really "irks" me all the time!

7 answers to this question

About the only other thing you can do is go copper with the proper attatchments and leave the lines mounted permanently.

They have those hoses available in longer lengths, maybe that would allow you to route the gas line differently?

You can also go to a rubber hose from Fleet AFarm that is far more pliable. I to did not like the stiff hose as it always eemed to be tipping the haeter and was unable to adjust as I liked it.

Thumper

I went to Lake Gas and had one made 7' never any problems got 2 5fters that are so stiff they won't uncoil don't even use em and ones brand new.

So you guys know what I'm talking about!Tipping the heater over and fighting ya every time you want to fish!How much does lakes gas charge?

jltimm

good topic, at least I know that I am not the only one fighting this dam hose. I wonder if I could hang a large weight on the end for a week, if it would straighten out.

This hose issue has been driving me crazy all winter,I just never thought to ask the great guys at FM if they had the cure? I'll have to call the local lakes gas and see if they have the rubber version,or will make me one? The one I have is like a coiled steel cable! mad.gif