• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What has happened with Sunfish lake? Has it been recovering from the winter kill? When I first started fishing southern MN, I was interested in this lake. I tried it only to find out that there was a winter kill the previous year. That probably explained the poor results.

a friend and I were out there bout a month ago and only got SMALL crappies. No sunnies that day.

Sunfish used to be awesome! Back in the early 90's, it was easy to go there and catch 5 and 6 lb bass. Then it killed. Or so they thought. Many crappies and sunfish survived and no one touched it for a few years. In like 95' we tried it and it was stacked with very nice crappies gills and perch. It was very easy to catch a limit of each off the point. It was said to have killed again, but they stocked it with pike. After that it was a snakefest and the panfishing hasn't ever recovered??..

ok with that being said has anybody been targeting the hammer handles lately? I wouldn't mind catching a few for pickling.

Brian