• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pat Foster fish houses?

Coldwater Crappie Guy

I booked a trip with him in a few weeks, anyone know anything about his houses or "skills" as a crappie god?

Thanks grin.gif

You're in good hands. He has earned my respect out there. Just don't let him pull his seal trick on you. grin.gif

Kelly, you aimed me at Pat when I called and you were booked up. Thanks for the help. I hope our group does as well as we did with you last year. Two of my sons are up in one of your houses right now. My son Travis, has a gift for you that I made. I hope you accept it in the spirit it was given. grin.gifcrazy.gifgrin.gif

I got it. When I get a little break I'll try to figure it out. Not that I think you could be devious or anything but I looked at it and figured it would be just like Bob to send me a puzzle that cann't be solved to drive me nuts. grin.gif

I feel real comfortable refering people to Pat or Buddy.

Kelly, the puzzle can be solved without benefit of wrenches or cutting torches. Just use the Force, young Skywalker. grin.gif

Fishing was slow, figured it out. Now if I could just use the force to find fish again. Yesterday, 80 crappies for 8 guys in 40 minutes. Today, same place, 6 guys, all day, 2 crappies. Looked up to 1/4 mile away in all directions, nothing. confused.gif Maybe they have dens they go back down into. grin.gif

Holy moly, talk about a turnaround. Hopefully they'll start up again by Saturday.

Quick question: If I got a sleeper reserved by calling Hillman's, is that one of "Buddy's"? I don't know who is who around here other than kelly-p has a WMS website link and I saw WMS stuff on Hillman's sign last time I went up there and paid to get out on the lake and get minnow-hooking tips from the cool dude in the store. It's almost like everyone knows everyone, but I'm definitely mixed up. I thought we were on Hillman's road but then crazy kelly-p is plowing at 50 mph and throwing snow 80 feet in the air....then the cool guy in the store tells us stories about his kid sinking a plow earlier this year...is that Buddy? OK that's enough. I'm confusing myself more.

Buddy Hillman is Hillman's road and Hillmans sleepers. Dad sold the rights to Waskish Minnow Station bait sales to Shorty Hillman (the cool guy in the store) a few years ago. I am independent of all of that. The WMS wedsite was already started when Dad sold to Shorty so we just kept that the same rather then confuse everyone any more. I just help Buddy plow and run my own houses. If that doesn't confuse you nothing will. grin.gif Wait until we explan how Foster, Tigger and the OTHER Kelly got involved. Actually we found Foster abandoned alongside the road and adopted him. grin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

Actually we found Foster abandoned alongside the road and adopted him.
grin.gifgrin.gif

I would have always thought Foster came from some cosmic anomaly, some of his antics are truly out of this world. grin.gifshocked.gifgrin.gif Good guy, even though he was a walleye guy once.

Thanks for the "who's who". That definitely helps. I'll be up Sat noon-ish and hopefully we'll get on some fish. I'm bringin my mom cause last time she was up at URL was with my dad like 4-5 years ago and they got nada and she hasn't been back since. My first time up a couple weeks ago and my buddy and I ended up with a few nice slabs, lots of drilling and wandering. Prolly gonna be too cold for "lots" of drilling and wandering on Sat. so I hope some fish are in a mood to bite under the sleeper! At least some 'eyes, if not a few nice slabs.

I've staying in Pats' cabin a few times but not this year(don't know if he's still doing that or not??)The guy is a real hoot- fun. Seems to know what he's doing from what I can tell.

I have also fished with Pat Foster and will agree that he does a very nice job taking care of his clients. A "real hoot", maybe I'm thinking of a different Pat Foster.. grin.gif. I may have to see if Pat has any openings for March 17th and 18th.