• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where to Start

The Rainy Lake area is unfamiliar to me. I have always wanted to try walleye fishing there in the fall. I have been given permission from the "Budget Director" to go ahead and take a trip this fall. What I'm looking for is a place to stay for 3 or 4 nights and fish all day.

I'm not looking for a fancy resort just a cheap motel or cabin with a bed, shower and heat. I'm comming to fish not for vacation. I was also thinking of hiring a guide for the first day. Any ideas would be helpfull. A trade out for lodging, and or fishing on the Gunflint trail is possible but not neccesary. Thanks

Gunflint - I occasionally jump on other threads and read your posts with interest.

Email me at uffdalouieatmsndotcom and I can give you info that shouldn't be given here for ethics reasons.

Check out Woody at least for a day. Rainy is a fantastic fishery, but can be tricky simply from the vast size/structure. Rainy has humbled some of the best, yet can yield fishing trips of a lifetime with some guidance. Nothing substitutes for first hand up to date knowledge of a fishery. Good luck Rainy lake is awesome!

uffdapete, you have mail.

I can't imagine trying to fish a system like Rainy without professional guidance. I've read alot about it and I really want to try something different. Between my home lake and Sag I fish this end of the state over 130 times per year. I've got to try Rainy at least once. After that who knows. laugh.gif

If you're thinking of the Canada side, I could maybe help ya out with some ideas. I've never fished the MN side if you're going that route though.