• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

South Center Hazelden Bay

I am heading home this weekend to do some fishing. Are they driving on South Center and if so how many inches of ice out there. I was out there earlier this year and noticed that back in Hazelden Bay along the road there are no trespass signs. This is where I have always got on the ice there. Is there another place where I can get on to get into the bay. Drive or walk.

I saw a couple of vehicles on the lake last Saturday coming from the access but in my terms its better to stay safe since things started warming up again. Using a 4 wheeler is the best bet. Have not been in Hazelden bay yet this year and have been staying on the main lake to stay away from the bunches.

I'm not sure where Hazelden Bay is, but if it's where I think it is (southeast), there were trucks and cars out on Sunday. There was good solid 14" ice. We took sleds cause weren't sure. We parked on the ice at the end of the road just off the access at the end of the point. FYI, on Sunday, crappies were biting in the hole between 5 to 10 ft below ice. Ones on bottom weren't active.

barracuda

I think you are thinking of the same spot. Thanks for the help guys.