• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Free Agents-Wish List

cybermuskie

Just wondering who people would like the Vikes to try for this off season!

Here's my wish list;

OT, Jon Runyan (Philly)...would work good with Childress

G, Steve Hutchinson (seahawks)

These 2 would do wonders for our running game and protecting our QB.

FB Mack Strong (Seahawks)or Lorenzo Neal (SD

Look what they have done for their teams!

Now I am not sure if these are restricted free agents or not, but that's my wish list so far!

O-Linemen and a new line backer or 2.

Also I would like to see a solid reliable RB. Bennett is not getting it done, Moore is always hurt, and seems to be a head case when it comes to confidence, and I don't need to say anything about Onterio.

Alexander, James, DeShaun Foster, really anyone who can be a reliable 25 carries a game back.

The Vikings in the past year seem to target, free agent Packers, draft Wisconsin players and go after Packer coaches! I can see them signing (rb)Ahman Green, drafting (rb)Brian Calhoun of UW and probably signing Mike Sherman as an assistant coach. wink.gif

I tell you what bud, Brian Calhoun looks sorta like Tomlinson on the field... he's a very good player!! I wouldn't mind having him in purple.

I've heard an online out-of-state radio sports dork talk about Ryan Longwell being the next Vikings kicker.

i agree Buzz, i can only hope he's still there in the second round when the Packers pick, and THEY BETTER TAKE HIM IF HE IS!!!!!! wink.gif

Quote:

i agree Buzz, i can only hope he's still there in the second round when the Packers pick, and THEY BETTER TAKE HIM IF HE IS!!!!!!
wink.gif

I wouldn't mind seeing Calhoun with the Pack next year if he's there in Round 2 and it looks like he probably will be. I haven't seen any current RB rankings to see if it would be a good value for him at that spot in the draft. Knowing the Packers they will pass on the UW guy and go for some warm weather guy. Remember way back when, when they had a star CB in Troy Vincent out of Wisconsin waiting for them and instead they picked Buckley out of Florida State. I'd rank that pick right up there with Manderich and "Too Small" Jamal.

For a Running Back I've heard on KFAN that there are mock drafts( not that this means anything) which have the vikings projected to take Maroney with their first pick. It may be just me and we'll see how the offensive line performs with Matt Birk coming back, but I think we have to make a strong cosideration in an offensive lineman in the draft and possibly look at picking up a running back via Free Agency. Man i would love to see either Edge or Shawn A. in purple. Thats Just my opinion.

From Espn's Insider: maybe he would come our way!

Runyan on the move?

<Feb. 24> Runyan, who will become a free agent on March 3, has not heard from the Eagles regarding a new contract.

"A lot of people need a right tackle," Runyan told the Delaware County Daily Times. "And, by the looks of it, the Eagles are going to need one. I don't know what they're going to do. I haven't heard from them."

Runyan is the only man who has started for the Eagles at right tackle in the last six seasons. The Philadelphia Inquirer believes the Eagles will let Runyan see what he's worth on the open market before deciding whether they want to bring him back.

Come on guys...who's on your wish list??? Let's get some chatter in here! grin.gif

Here's my updated list that I would like to see in purple!

In no certain order:

Julian Peterson LB UFA 6-3 235 5yrs exp. 49ers

Steve Hutchinson OG UFA 6-5 313 5yrs exp Seahawks

Jon Runyan OT UFA 6-7 330 10yrs exp. Eagles

Akin Ayodele LB UFA 6-2 251 4yrs exp. Jaguars

Adam Archuleta S UFA 6-0 223 5yrs exp Rams

Ryan Longwell K UFA 6-0 200 9yrs exp Packers

Darren Howard DE UFA 6-3 275 6yrs exp. Saints

Vince Manuwai OG RFA 6-2 312 3yrs.exp Jaguars

I want to say the Seahawks tagged Hutchinson. Not 100% sure but I belive he is their franchise player. I would have liked him other wise.

I would like one of the kickers, either Longwell, Vinetari, or even Vanderjagt if he keeps his mouth shut. (not sure how to spell any of those except Longwell)

A running back, not sure who though, I am less thrilled with Alexander, I would rather get a good solid guy maybe DeShaun Foster, he has looked good at times.

I would like to see Koren Robinson resigned. I think he could really revive his career. If he plays the way he was supposed to when he was drafted we will all be thinking Randy Who? I think he should be a available at a good price as well.

I need to look into more players before I pick out a middle LB and safety, as well as more O line help.

Hutchinson is only a transition tagged player so he is still available to be had. Here's hoping!

We need OL help LG and RT runyun would be fine played for childress before. I just hope they dont overspend at least not on him.If they are going to overspend hopefully it will be on hutchinson.Linebacker i hope they go after in draft that position seems to be pretty deep.

I saw an article that the Vikings were going to look at Maurice Morris from Seattle. I will attach what I found:

Seattle RB Maurice Morris, a free agent this offseason, has been the buzz at the Combine among NFL GMs, and has apparently garnered the interest of the Vikings, Cardinals, and the Seahawks, reports the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Morris plays a lot like Shaun Alexander as far as being an outside receiver and getting to the edge of the offensive line. As far as a between-the-tackles runner, though, Morris could be lacking. He's a lot like Brian Westbrook ... and who is the Vikings new head coach? Brad Childress could see a lot of what he wants out of his featured back in Morris. We could be looking at an early- to middle-round pick come August. CBS Sportsline

This could be an interesting fit--but it seems to me like the Vikings have many of these in-between type backs. But maybe that is the way the whole league is going!

Truth hurts, don't be mad because we won't be the whippin boys of the North anymore. We'll leave that to Detroit.

Quote:

Truth hurts, don't be mad because we won't be the whippin boys of the North anymore. We'll leave that to Detroit

Ballbuster, correction, that would be Green Bay. grin.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Truth hurts, don't be mad because we won't be the whippin boys of the North anymore. We'll leave that to Detroit

Ballbuster, correction, that would be Green Bay. grin.gif

I can handle that too. The Pukers owned us ever since Brett showed up. Maybe he'll hang em up this year. He sure doesn't need another beating like he took last year against DA Bears. shocked.gifgrin.gif

Nofish....Incase you didn't see it the Carolina put the transition tag on DeShaun Foster also.

I got to start keeping up alittle bit more. Once free agency starts I will have to start paying more attention. Maybe if my boss didn't require me to do so much work while I was on the clock I could spend more time looking a potential free agents. I mean come on we all know whats more important. grin.gif

Quote:

Nofish....Incase you didn't see it the Jags put the transition tag on DeShaun Foster also.

Foster plays for the Carolina Panthers not the Jags.

Wow, I didn't even notice that one. Guess I aslo need to start reading more carefully.

Quote:

Quote:

Nofish....Incase you didn't see it the Jags put the transition tag on DeShaun Foster also.

Foster plays for the Carolina Panthers not the Jags.

Quit busting my balls! grin.gif You knew who I was talking about didn't ya! grin.gif

As of March 1st:

Vikes top the list with 24 million to burn in cap money. The Pack has 21 million. The Bears have +7.8 million We should be able to get whoever we want with 13 teams over the cap already!

Viking Update Staff - Scout.com

March 3, 2006 at 8:43am ET

* In its free agency preview, The Sporting News listed the Vikings as one of the top three potential suitors of 49ers linebacker Julian Peterson, No. 2 for those teams in the running for Eagles tackle Jon Runyan and the No. 1 choice for RB Edgerrin James.

* The Patriots are rumored to be interested in both Sam Cowart and Burleson.

* The Colts, who are expected to not be able to afford to keep Mike Vanderjagt as their kicker, have Paul Edinger on their short list of potential replacements.

* The Chiefs are expected to make a run at pass-rushing DE Lance Johnstone .

* The Cardinals might be the Vikings' top competition for guard Toniu Fonoti , who is among the top available guard free agents in the weak Class of 2006.

* Both the Rams and Packers are expected to make a run at trying to sign Brian Williams away from the Vikings.

I'd trade Edinger for Vanderhoweveryouspellit, but edinger might just turn out to be a pretty good kicker a few years from now. I would for sure take Edgerrin James, signed to a series of one year conracts with heavy performance clauses. James is still a force to be reckoned with. Having a speed back is nice but I think we still need a big, 230+ pound strong running back. This could be a good off season.

I hope whoever does the purchasing for the team this year pays attention to players that want to be part of a team though. It's been proven to many times that a team of all stars is not a team.

I read the same article about Edge coming to Minnesota--that would sure be a nice upgrade. But, I have to say that I was the most excited that we were actually listed in the article as trying to get an upgrade at some posistions. It has been many years since the Vikings went after some big names (until last year) it is fun to see and to think about what the Vikes might look like on both sides of the ball. If they bring in the two linebackers that they are talking about that would be awesome--this has always been a posistion of need!

Go Vikes!