• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm looking for suggestions on a place for a vacation for the whole family that includes big water trolling this summer. The place I stay on Nip isn't really geared towards small kids and the ports i've been to on LK Mich would be scary for kids. Any ideas would be great. thanks

If your looking for a charter trip on Lake Superior and give me a call 1-888-U-HOOK-EM. I think I have what your looking for; I might have some other good ideas for you too if your just looking for a place to stay on Michigan as well! -Joel

RANDY

I KNOW OF A GREAT PLACE THEY WILL BE AT THE BOAT SHOW AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW MORE AFTER TOMAROW NIGHT I WILL GRAB YOU THE INFO AND YOU WILL CATCH MORE FISH THAN YOU CAN HANDLE AND FUN FOR THE KIDS AS WELL LOTS OF THINGS TO DO.

Randy,

I'm shooting to take the family and a couple of friends out of Gills Rock, WI over the 4th of July. It is really protected and at that time of the year you wouldn't need to venture out onto the big waters for fish. I've heard good things about fishing out of that area that time of the summer.

Randy,

A beautiful spot to fish some big water is Ellison Bay in Door County, WI. You can start fishing almost immediately after launching and it is a very scenic spot with huge bluffs. We like to fish up in that area because if it is windy on the bay side you can always go to the other side of the peninsula and fish the lake. We have always stayed at a campground but there are lots of resorts, bed and breakfasts and other places to stay.

I forgot to mention I would be using my own boat. I'm going to look into the gills rock and door county area. Theres nothing wrong with kings, but any where you can get into some cohos, bows, browns in that area? Can you fish the inside of door county (sturgeon bay?) with a big boat?

My buddy who has taken me out there the last 4 years boat is 18ft lund. I'm assuming yours is bigger and not being much of a boat person, I just got my very first 16ft lund last year, I can tell you I have seen some very large boats on the Door county side. Go to doorcounty.com and you might find some places to call for better info than I can give you.

Hey Chaffmi, where is the bay located in Door county? I think I have heard of it before. Was there a lot of boat traffic? I have never ventured anywhere from Algoma when we go to Door but am thinking about trying out new areas. The early bite boat traffic sometimes makes me nervous with my 18 foot Alumacraft. BC

Big Country,

It is up near the tip between Sister Bay and Gill's Rock on the Green Bay side. Like I said earlier that if the wind is blowing out of the east you can go on the other side and fish out of Rowley's Bay or Bailey's Harbour. We always go the first week in August. We have done real well and most of the time it isn't very crowded. Send me an email and I'll send you some pics from last year.

[email protected]

Well this is a good place to take the family Randy. They are at the boat show and when you go tell them you know me. They have great fishing and hunting and fun for every one and I will be there soon Gary invited me up for a bear hunt and some great fishing I think it is time to go they still have great ice fishing for walleye and laketrout and it is a first class lodge the name is WILD EYES WILDERNESS LODGE. THINK HARD IT IS ON MY LIST. I HAVE NOT STEERED YOU IN THE WRONG DIRECTION YET HAVE I? WELL GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SEaRCH. TOM.....

Tom I cleaned up your post a little. I hope you dont mind I had to take out the website but I got the info for Randy last night. Northlander

I just got back from a one week trip to Hawaii. If your budget can sustain it, I can't think of a better place to go trolling in big water. Kona on the Big island would be my choice for Marlin, Ohno, Mahi Mahi, and Ahi and spring and summer is the time of year for deep sea fishing. But it isn't exactly cheap over there, but you have no chance of an 800# fish here either. And the kids would love the whole experience.

I hear ya M.H.

I was able to get out while in Hawaii and landed a 200# Blue Marlin. Awesome trip to say the least!