• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

under water camera

Gofishleech

Question

I am looking to buy an under water camera and would like to know pros and cons of whats available. I know marcum will get the best reviews here but what about aqua view??? Looks like the best feature of the marcum is camera rotator?

I might add, Im not looking for the cheapest!

7 answers to this question

I just bought a Marcum 560 this year. I love the ability to rotate the view without twisting a cord. I set it on pan and watch all the baits. Just my $.02.

i have a aqua view scout and i like it it works well and its got a 5ich screen so you can see well, i bought a manual tri pod to hold the camera in place and you can rotate it easily , was under 200 buck and the tri pod was 15, i dont think there is any camera out there that works well at night time, its all a preference thing that you wil lhave to decide on good luck cameras are a blast

Question we need answered is do the SR lights work? The SRT Scout has them, and they say it helps night viewing. Can you use it after dark? I doubt it would light up enough. Does it? Is it just that you can use it a bot later than the base Scout?

Are they wort the extra money?

I bought the aqua vu spc80 this winter and had a blast with it the one time I used it. It's the new spool series which is a very nice way to store the cable, and has a color LED screen. Also bought a manual tripod, best $15 I spent. You will find that once you set the camera direction you really don't move it anyway. Disadvantge of this model is the battery life isn't as good. It comes with a smaller battery than the othe models and only lasts for a couple of hours, they do include the 12 volt power cord adapter though. I am thinking of selling mine, now that the ice season is pretty well over for me I'm thinking I want a new color graph in my boat. I'll sell the whole package for $470, used one weekend looks brand new, including the manual tripod. Anyone interested let me know.

I have infrared and multi colored lighting options on my camera and results vary depending on water conditions, but the results all have been less than impressive. I usually pull my camera when it gets dark and rely on the flasher.

This is the second winter with the AquaVu ZT. I didn't look at Marcums. I went with the ZT since it says it is waterproof not water-resistant like the Scouts. I figured it's going to get wet at sometime. After returning the first two units with leaking fish cameras, the third one has worked well. The manual tripod is great. Once you get it turned where you want it, it stays put.