• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cool Cats 2006

Dennis Steele

I didn't see a frown all day. Thats all the thanks I need! wink.gif

This started out as some internet buddies out on the ice having a good time and it still is, only now I have a LOT more buddies!

The weather couldn't have been nicer and lets give a big thanks to all those catfish that decided to show up too!

I also want to thank all those who helped out.

Chemist, the guy who invited me and a couple guys several years ago and has been helping with this event every since.

Borch, Tom Herman, Lance Bainville and all the guys helping in the "kitchen". Matt for freezing his digits filleting frozen fish.

icehousebob for those awsome beans and chilidogs.

fisherking101 for venison/bacon wraps. DUDE those were good!

Did anyone try nytlyeter clam dip? That beats any old chip dip!

I also want to thank everyone for all the cookies, cakes,pickles, chips, salads and all the other good food we had to munch on.

Pretty darn good digs!

I can't leave out all the sponsors and those who donated prizes. Marcum, Custom Jigs and Spins, JB, Thorne Bros and Nature Vision/Aqua Veiw courtesy Tom Herman. Chemist for the jigging spoons and maj330 for the cool maps!

We will see you next year. Same cat time, same cat channel.

In the mean time check out some of the other get togethers we are having.

LOTW ICE Series and get together

Sturgeon Excursion

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dennis Steele

• Matt Johnson

• Deitz Dittrich

• hanson

Dennis,

Thanks again for another Fun Event. My boys & I had a great time. Deitz,Hanson,& John P. was great to me you guys!

Hey Hanson thanks for posting the pic of my first kitty ever through the ice! cool.gif Man was the bite on thanks to the 1/16oz.Red Glo-Devils from Scenic takle tipped with a Minnow head.

Was great to meet some new faces & friends.

See ya on the water,

Chris Buller "SportFishin'"

I cant add anything to what has already been said.. just a great group of guys.. and like was stated earlier...Absolutly no garbage. If not for all the holes in the ice you would not have even known we were there!

It was nice to put a few more faces to names out there. The food was excellant as always and alot of smiling faces. the best was the little girl who won the LX2 , turned around to her dad and said "Happy Birthday Daddy" . Classic moment if I ever saw one. Blue Kayak - there is always a ride waiting for you in the RP to explore the river, and do a little fishing. Good fishing to all and can't wait for the Sturgon outing next month.

Brian

That was really a class act by the girl that won the lx2. That really shows the unselfish attitude that I have seen at all of the get togethers I have been to. Ditto on the thank you's to all who attended and put it on. Dennis, Have you picked a running mate for the presidential campaign yet? cool.gif I would at this time like to nominate Icehousebob for V.P., his personality will take the campaign to new heights!!! grin.gif Truly a class act. That's what it's all about!

The little girl who won the LX-2 is my sweet niece. I just got a call from my brother, and they want me to have the Marcuum. I am so thrilled. That was the next piece of equipment I knew I had to have. Boy, it sure pays to invite your family to the FM get togethers.

Thanks Papa Grump for the invitation to ride and fish on the RP. I'd love a ride on a RP. It'd be quite a change from my kayak, which you can borrow anytime LOL.

I'd also like to thank everyone involved with the event. I had a great time, and the food was outstanding.

Pic of my first ever Catfish.

firstcat.jpg

Quote:

Someone also decided to snipe my pop with a fresh minnow... something tells me it was Jon P (aka the "magnet man")... as if I didn't eat enough fish during the fry, I had to dine on fresh sushi while drinking a Coke
grin.gif

Matt,

Wasn't me. Trust me if I would have thought it up it would have been done! Somebody else got you on that one. wink.gif You havent even relized yet what I did. shocked.gifcool.gif

Picken on Matt again! grin.gif It wasn't me dude!

I forgot to thank my good buddy Dietz, just for doing what Dietz does. wink.gif

Myself, my girlfriend, and my screamin' demon wink.gif Jakob thank everyone who put this event together. Sorry I didn't get around much to meet more people. The food was excellent and Icehouse Bob's beans freshened the air for the drive home smile.gif We'll be sure to make an appearance next year. When's the date, Dennis? smirk.gif

Sorry you don't like sushi, Matt, but it wasn't me either. Oh, yeah! Weren't we all supposed to hassle Chris for his bobber going down during the drawing?

See you all and more next year!

Don't worry Jon, I saw the magnet on my tailgate wink.gif Saw that one right away. And yes, it's still on there grin.gif

I think it was my dad who sniped my pop... I deserved it... smirk.gif

Matt the magnets are not what your looking for. wink.gif I'll talk to you when you find it. cool.gif

Sounds like another great Cool Cats get together this year! Though the weather wasn't ideal, sounds like more people attended the event.....great job everyone! Heck, even more fish were caught than last year too.

grin.gif

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

A big thank you to Dennis for putting on a wonderfull event. It was fun meeting some old faces again and meeting some new ones. A special thanks to the cooks you guys did a wonderfull job. Thanks sponsors for the excellent prizes. It was nice seeing the kids faces when they one something. It shows what kind of committment FM has to the sport!! Well like Borch said fishing is second at thesde things it's the comratory that counts.

Thanks Dennis forall the work you put into this.Thanks to everyone who brought something or helped out or both. I know I'm hooked with icing cats and can't wait to get out again.Thanks to Matt and Cory who tried getting us on some pannies afterward with minimal success.All in all it was a great day.

Thanks Again guys,

Here is some other pics of the event

Dennis & Matt schooling every one on cleaning cats:

f5928d8e.jpg

Hanson & Gents comparing tips & tricks:

af8661ce.jpg

Some great fishing,

Chris Buller

Bucket of minnows - $4

Ingredients for choc chip cookies - $5

Meeting new catfriends, watching the kids have fun, eating an awesome lunch, and a little catfishing - Priceless.

Sorry guy's it took me so long to chime in. I've been chasing papermouths. What an awesome time. It was great meeting everyone. This is defenitely a no miss event next year.

If anyone wants to chase some more cats on the ice or open water, give me a holler.

I need to attend more of these events! It was my pleasure speaking with those I was fortunate enough to meet. I learned many new things, ate some great food, and caught a few. Lucky for me, I live 5 minutes from the lake, so guess what I'll be doing tomorrow? Cruisin' for cats!

Anyone interested? Drop me a line.

Thanks again to all the sponsors and participants!

Stephen

(minnesotawalleye at aol)

Stephen, man I'm jealous! I'm trying to figure out a way, to get out there again before ice out, but doubt I can.

I cannot believe those catfish are not more popular. They are fun to fish, and taste darn good too! Next year, I'm going to have to try it a few more times.

Kylersk, I see u are from st. boni, I am building a house just outside st.boni that will be done around july. Thanks to Chemist I have been hooked on the cats for some time now the chain is also one of my favorite places to fish during the summer time. Im always looking for someone to get out there with if your interested. Adam

Man...did I miss a good one or what...I was working the State Wrestling Tny. Last year is was great...sounded even better this year...nice job guys.

Good job to all on the Cool Cats event. Deitz and Dennis are definitely a couple of true ambassadors for the sport of fishing.

I thought I'd be smart by staying away from the crowds and try a differnt part of the chain with my dad. Boy, what a mistake I made based on the pictures you guys have posted!

Anybody have any advice for a first timer that's making the drive up tomorrow morning? I've read reports til I couldn't move the mouse anymore.

Thanks, Justin laugh.gif

Justin-

I got your e-mail. I've got some info for you but I have to get it off my GPS. I'll get back to you early this evening.

Check your e-mail Justin.

Have Fun!

I forgot, not much for bait available up in Richmond. I heard one of the gas stations had fatheads but it might be good to bring some up with you. Crappie minnows are available up there however.

you can get bait at mikes in eden valley just south of the chain great people there

I'll second Eden Valley. When we came in on 23 we stopped at a few places and all they had where crappie minnows. We had to drive all the way past the event to Eden Valley to get our bait. Should have just brought it along and saved 45 minutes.