• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gave Clear Lake a try on Sunday. We caught a variety of pannies: Gills, Crappies, and Perch. Fishing about 16 1/2 feet. Both Waxies and Minns. Talked to someone in a Green explorer, another FM'er??

Were you out of the north or east landing? I drive a green explorer. We didn't catch a darn thing because of the radar runs going on on sunday.

hey scott I was out there on Sun and caught a few but not alot I was fishing in ten feet of water to try the shallows ou tnot that great. Then I went to the contest on beaver (no fish caught) ever one in are group won a prize but I

Hey Clamtrap,

I think those radar runs messed up the fishing at least for us. We were out on the Jefferson ice contest before we headed out to clear. A girl got a 4lb northern 2 holes down from me. Closest I've been to catching anything at any of the contests around. I was out on Clear this afternoon after work 4pm to about 6:30ish. got a few crappies, lots of fish suspended a few biters, but not many. Started out in 29fow and moved up to 20fow. most fish were in 23 to 20fow, suspended at 15. I did have one fish on that was not a crappie after sundown, possibly a walleye? I don't know, it broke off. Maybe head out there again tomorrow afternoon before the heavy snow starts.

I got class over in Mankato and hoping to get done around 3 o clock and I was thinking about heading over there and try the night bite late afternoon I should say. My uncle will be out there in his Perminent, but I drive a F-150 four door gold in color, I got out on the north end but if your going to be out there my be we can meet up.

I usually go out of the North end as well. I stay east of the hole usually, away from most of the houses. I drive a green Explorer w/ an antenna out the top. I'll be out there sometime after 4 or so.

I did pretty well on Sunday. However, I was there right before sunrise. I was fishing in 10 or 11 foot of water. Caught enough to have a meal for my family of four and was headed home by 8:30.

If I would have stayed longer I think I would have gone a little deeper. The higher the sun got up the slower the bite was. But early on it was very good.

Didn't see you out there Clam, unless that was you in the green chevy blazer? Got out there about 4:15, stayed til 6:30 and didn't do too bad. It was a one rod night for most of it. I couldn't seem to get it down there fast enough.

I was out there I got out there about 5 o clock and stayed till dark I was looking for your truck I was fishing with my uncle in his house. We didn't do very well at all three fish

Where is his house at? I was in about 19fow. As you are going out from the north access you head off the the left of the hole away from town out by a big red ice house w/ a stripe on it. I couldn't keep them off the hook tonight. I did get a small walleye tonight, and tons of sunnies. The crappies started at sundown, I think I kept about 6 sunnies and 4 crappies tonight.

you did really well, did you see that house with the flames on the side we are right by that, just to the east about 30yrds in 19ft of water, my pick-up was sitting to the north of the house.

last time I saw that house it was over by the big point by the fishing pier out of the maplewood access. I didn't see it tonight, but I'll look for it tomorrow morning on my way to work. I will be heading out on the lake Friday after work to see what is happening.

I don't now what I'm going to do yet it all depends on the weather but there is a fishing contest on kelly duddly on sat so I might do that if the weather is good, were you fishig by the guy in the green blazer I seen that out there.

yeah he pulled up right next to me. He got there about 5 or so. didn't stay too long, don't think he was catching. There is a fishing contest on Silver lake this coming weekend, I think on sunday.

where is silver lake at maybe if it isn't to cold out might go to that too, I seen where you were than thats were I was catching alot of fish last month, me and my brother caught a few limits there I wish I would of came over there to late now, do you have a boat?

I think it is the one near Arlington. I'm not sure, but I believe that is where it is. I didn't know about the Kelley Dudley one. I may go to that one. Do you know what time it is going to be? Yeah I have a small 14 foot fishing boat that I got this last spring.

I belive the one on kelly duddly starts at 12:00 untill 3:00 I will have to find out for sure. I just got a boat this fall sp I'm looking forward to this summer, I used it when we went to canada in sept

We didn't fish Clear this last summer or spring. I stuck mostly to fish lake, and the smaller lakes around. These smaller lake are some of the best fishing I have found in the area. I have a few in my list that I want to hit this early spring right after ice out. When I got my boat I wasn't too picky, I just wanted something I could use around here. It's nothing special, but it floats. cool.gif

thats all that matters is that you can have fun catch fish and be out side in the fresh air, I fish sabor lake this fall and the landing is not very good no dock so putting the boat on the trailer was very hard, me and my dad go out a lot, I will be doing alot of fishing this spring , because me and my wife have a little one on the way it's do in Aug, so I'm going do alot before I can't

Yeah having fun is the most important thing. I really liked Fish lake this last year. big northerns in there, but like Saber it has no dock to launch and the concrete slats in the water drop off short and there is a 1 1/2 foot drop from the slat to the bottom so gotta be careful launching out there. Lilly is tough too, as it is only a couple of feet deep from the launch out for about 100 yds. Shoot me an email, there is a couple questions I want to ask ya about a lake.

****forgot to leave my email address

[email protected]

Sorry guys that blue house with the orange flames that was straight north of the maplewood access was mine and I moved it up to the north end. It was sitting in 12' of water and the fishing slowed up there. The fishing up there is definatley better.

Just went out there goofing around today and ended up with a nice mess of gills (all 8"+) and two decent 9.5" crappies. I also threw back 10-15 smaller ones. I had about 15" of decent ice.

If you ever see a red Dodge Ram 1500 extended cab with a tool box in the back parked next to the flaming fishhouse stop by and say hello!!!

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Been fish'n the same area that you guys are talking about. House with the flames and all. We all have been fishing right next to each other and didn't know were all FMers. Been catching a lot of small gills too. Any eyes move in there at Night?

i was out on clear last night in a green jimmy and a fish trap got out there about 5 ish. got about 10 small crappies 3 of witch i kept to clean with my 4 fish from another lake. was parked next to a explorer with a tent looking portable. firtst time i tried the north side. left early because i was up all day and the night befor.

i was wondering if the fish bite all night there?

I thought it might have been a Jimmy and not a Blazer. You were right next to me. I haven't really stayed much longer than 6:30 or 7 on the lake. I have never had luck at night personally. last night was the best evening bite I have had in a long time.

Hey Fish'n guy,

We were out on Saturday morning by your house on the southeast side as you were starting to chisel it out. We did pretty good that morning. Two of us stayed pretty busy most of the morning. Took home 9 crappies and 11 gills and threw back plenty more. We usually fish the north side but I was up for a change of pace so we tried the other side. I think we were the only 2 that walked out that day... I am hoping to get a group of guys to come over one night and see what we can do. We have 2 Yukons and 2 Voyagers that we would like to connect and see if the "bottle bass" are biting...

Hey Get Er Done Guy, Glad to hear you had some success over there. When the weather starts to warm up the southeast side can really start kicking out some true "Bull" gills and lots of them.

Night time could be a good time to be out there. Some of my biggest fish on that lake have been late at night!!!

GOOD FISHIN!!!!

We have been fishing by each other and didn't even know it! Thats pretty worried we all have to get to gether sometime on the lake, I talked to a friend of mine and he did really well out there today, they caught alot of fish NICE gilles and a few crappies.

It was a tad too windy today for me! shocked.gif

I will however be out there tomorrow most likely after work around 1:30 or so. Probably start out on the East side out of Maplewood park. The gills out there have been big the last couple weeks, then I'll move to the North. If you don't find me out there, I'll be on Steele. I've wanted to try that lake this year.

I just got back from Clear Lake.Fished it all last night and 3 guys ended up with 25 crappiese, 20 bluegills (all were released), and 2 pike (also released).

The crappies were at sundown to about 8:30 last night with a few in the middle of the night and then a good bite from 6:00-8:00this morning for the crappies. They were hitting firetiger glow Forage Minnow tipped with a crappie minnow, and a small glow jigging rap tipped with a waxie. The size was 8.5"-10" which isn't too bad for Clear Lake.

All the fish were in 12-15' of water running anywhere from a foot off the bottom to right under the ice. This info is probably worthless because a guy can go just about anywhere on the lake and catch a good mess of crappies and gills wink.gif. The fishing has definately been good this year laugh.gif!!!!

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!

Are they driving out on Clear?? Are there any full size trucks or large suvs out there. (I've got a full sized pickup.) I'm celebrating President's day out on Clear's ice and I am wondering if I should bring the old 4 wheeler with. I plan out heading out off of the north access with everyone else.

Also, last time out there my brother caught a decent eye. Is this rare for clear or are they pretty well stocked? We were not targeting eyes he just hit the crappie setup.