• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mark Stanley

Are we still on for wednesday evening fishing? Tonka Boy you're welcome to tag along...The target lake (Shhhh!) is putting out good #'s of decent fish after dark...Carp-Fisher can attest to that...

Count me in. I wish I had a picture of that hybrid 'gill I pulled up last night. It was approaching 10" long, but it was by far the thickest panfish I have ever seen. It would've snapped the 2lb test if I had attempted to hoist it out of the hole....

I can swing it until 7:30pm or so.Had something come up. FYI the Wayzata park n ride is right off Wayzata Blvd. west of the Lund's. We can meet there or we can hook up at the Lunds parking lot too.

Mark,

I'll meet you at the park-n-ride at 4:30. Keep your eye on the forum in case something comes up at work (not likely).

Carp,

Want to meet me at my house about 4-4:15 then? Or, if you know your way, we'll just meet you on the lake. Since there are three of us, someone better bring an extra portable...definitely if Tonka Boy comes along.

I'll have my portable and auger etc. with. It's been in the back of SUV all winter. I'm good to go at a moment's notice.

Well its about time mark. You up for some crappin and pikin this weekend? Sarah saturday, tonka sunday?? Calvanist you in? Did you ever make it out to parkers a couple of weeks ago? Shoot me an email or pm me and let me know how it went if u did.

Good to go on Sat. Sunday I've got family stuff. Looks like we'll need the long johns and then some but at least we can drive anywhere we want. Moby1 how'd you do up north?

Not sure yet about the weekend, but I might make it out saturday night. She'll be a cold one, do doubt.

Moby1,

Parker's lake didn't put out much the morning I tried it. A few chips, that's all. I'm sure nice fish are in there, just have to take the time to find 'em.

Mark

The big pond was a waste as usual for me. Drilled a couple hundred holes at least. All I found was some 6" perch. Out of the sleeper the only thing we managed was a few eelpout. At least I have the weekend in the sleeper on URL to look forward to the weekend after next.

Are you thinking sarah or tonka? "We can drive anywhere"? You sure about that? I know my coworker has been driving out to goose for a week now but still makes me nervous. Are you talking trucks or sleds/atvs.

Talked to tim and he's in.

Calvinist, I can only make it out in the a.m. this weekend. If anything changes, shot me an email and join us.

Mark,

I PM'ed Tonka Boy...he may join us, just waiting for him to get back to me. Poor guy. he's suffering from a bad case of SFDS (Severe Fishing Deficit Syndrome) confused.gif.

I've been out to Goose in my Explorer and around to Phelps. A friend drove his Suburban from Spring Park to Howards hauling his permanent. Good a new spot we can try which is a simple walk. Been told it's good for pike and crappies. Is the game plan on Sat to hit Tonka or start at Sarah and then switch to Tonka? Oh and bring the dead stinky stuff. grin.gif What time you want me to find you? I am not getting out there at 5am but 6am or so is doable.

Mark,

I'll meet you at the Park-n-Ride at around 4:30. No word from TB, so I assume he'll be left behind.

either one is fine with me. Looks like one cold son of a gun out there saturday morning. Last time I heard from tim yesterday the plan was sarah saturday and tonka sunday BUT since you cant make it sunday we can do tonka sunday. Makes no difference to me and I dont think it does to tim either. Either way I have until about 11am most likely then have to go and do some tree removal with my bro.

Calvinist Carpfisher and I had a good night for some nice gills and crappies. Especially given the cold front conditions. Had to go small and finesse them. Optic sleath glow and waxies did the trick. Nothing would come up from the bottom but it was steady action. Calvinist and Carpfisher you want to hit it again next Wednesday?? I'm up for it.

Tim and Moby1 see you on Sarah. How early you guys getting out?? Make that Tim cuz I know Moby will be out there around 4am grin.gif I'll be out on Tonka around 2 or 3pm on Friday if anyone wants to hook up. Haven't decided exactly where as yet but I do a little pike hunting.

Mark,

I'll do wednesday again. I won't get out there till about 6, but you know the way now Mark? If so, I'll meet you out there. I invited Tonka Boy also. I stayed out there till 11 last night, fished one of the holes I previously drilled and found fish stacked up in there, and the bite really picked up for about an hour. Just wait till the bite is really on! BTW, What time are you planning on Sarah saturday morning? I might be up for that...

Mark,

In your opinion, does the lake you guys were fishing have potential to produce trophy panfish, or are my odds better on Tonka for a truely big crappie or bluegill? It's just like chasing the ellusive 30" walleye on Tonka, there's something about a chance at a 12" bluegill or a 16" crappie that gets me fired up.

Schro, I don't doubt there are some monster gills in there. The average gill size I caught last night was much better than Tonka. Crappies were nice sized too. It's Calvinist's spot so I am not giving up the location. Send me an email [email protected] and I'll put you in touch with Calvinist.

Calvinist I'm ok with that. I might wait a bit too since the bite seems to be best after dark. I'll try to hookup with Tonka Boy and we'll meet you there. Carpfisher you going to be there? As for Sarah I'll meet you whnever. Moby1 will be out by 5am as usual. Tim has posted the bite really doesn't get going until 10am. I'm thinking around 8 or 9am. That work for you?

I'll be out there around 7ish me and Brent will have plenty of holes drilled by the time you guys come out it wouldn't hurt to be out by 8 Casey you know the spot where we'll be Mark just give a holler still got my cell #, I just might have to Meet you out to tonka tomorrow do a little pike fishin I got all the shiners we need.

Mark,

Let me make arrangments with the wife, I'll get back with you friday...

schr0,

Remember what happened to Holy Name Lake? I want to avoid that happening to this lake. If it was a large fishery, I wouldn't have a problem with sharing info, but it is a small fishery, and ought to be protected. I personally know Mark, Tonka Boy, and Carp-Fisher, but I can't indiscriminately tell people tell people of a hot metro panfish lake...it would be dead in 2 weeks! I'm not saying you can't keep a secret, because you probably can, but I'm sure you wouldn't tell me where you catch all those hog walleyes on Tonka because of the chance that your honey hole would be swarming with boats! I don't mean to be a dink about it, but I never intended for people to inquire about the whereabouts of this lake when I made this post. I simply wanted to relay some info to Mark. Sorry. I just hope you understand, because I really appreciate your contribution to FM. I would actually like to meet you and go fishing with you sometime...

Talk to Carpfisher, I know more than you think. We can drop it since it's not really what I'm looking for.

As far as being dead in two weeks, you're absolutely right, and that's why I didn't use the name of the lake on here. There is another body of water I pointed out to Carpfisher that has turned into a zoo on weekends (and this lake didn't get posted on here either). By spring there will be nothing left. I am sure he has told you about it. Just average sized fish, but many people taking advantage of it.

Schr0,

Why don't you join us on Sarah saturday? I know that lake has some bulls in it...hard to find the numbers in the winter though.

Carp...you in?

Mark,

I could probably make it out there about noon. How late are you thinking of staying out there?

Quote:

Schr0,

Why don't you join us on Sarah saturday? I know that lake has some bulls in it...hard to find the numbers in the winter though.

Carp...you in?

Mark,

I could probably make it out there about noon. How late are you thinking of staying out there?

I guess you could consider me tentative. Checked the latest forecast and its supposed to get to -18 tommorrow night. The warm temperatures of this year may have spoiled me, not Mark Stanley though. Talk about a guy that can take the cold. I would like to get out there, but Sunday afternoon may be a better time for me. Mark it was great fishing with you, hope to do it again soon.

I'd love to join you guys, but since I am spending tomorrow up at Mille Lacs, I don't want to make any commitments for Saturday morning. I might still be thawing out!

If I get back early tomorrow and still have propane left in my heater I will drop a post on here letting you know.

Thanks, schr0563

I can only fish Sarah tomorrow AM maybe to noon. Have a afternoon wedding reception to go to but am hoping to do a drive by and be back on Tonka by 4pm that day. Tim is it safe to drive on Sarah? I'd recognize Moby's red pickup anywhere and since he always leaves his dead bait in it I could probably smell it a mile away. ANyway if it's drivable I just putter out otherwise I call you on your cell. If you want to get out on Tonka I'll be heading out around 2:30. Check your email for details.

Mark,

I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow at Sarah. Wife is giving me this look mad.gif. Are you free sunday eve? I can probably swing that. Give me a call

763-404-0891

Saturday was cold but the fish were biting ok. Sunday was not quite as cold (-3 when I left the house) but the fish didnt mind a bit. IT was one one the best outings all year. I kept warm drilling holes. I think I was around 120 thiis weekend.

Mark how did you do after I left?

Got a couple more but I didn't stay more than 1/2 hour. One was over 13" so that was fun. They were chomping Monday AM too grin.gif Never had to move. Just wait 10 minutes and they were back. Trying to get out tonight to see if there is an evening bite.

FYI guys I am out for Wednesday. Change of plans by the significant other. Will be able to go Weds next week.