• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New to Bald Eagle

I'd like to take my son out to Bald Eagle(his request). I've never been on the lake. Any pointers for crappies and sunfish would really be appreciated.

go by all the house out by the island . will catch alot but not many over 9 inches. just a heads up you cant drive any cars or truck

Great place to take kids since you can usually get some crappie action. Size isn't that great but some nice fish are swimming around. I agree with holepopper, get out around the shacks by the reed island. Look for drops into deeper water (25+) and start fishing. Not to bad of a walk either.

Went out this morning. Got out a little later than I wanted witht the long hike. Started fishing at about 7:30. Caught lots of small walleyes and one decent northern. 15 fow. Lost a perch on a tip up in the hole had to be 10-12 inches. Good day all in all but were (depths) are the bigger eyes?

no eater walleyes? where on baldy did you fish? I'm gonna try one of the local lakes tomorrow or thurs. morn. than

spot might be a good sunset spot for eyes. Going to try here in the next few days and see if any size shows up after 4.

North of the cigar island in 32-33 ft of water down 16-26 and sometimes deeper, eurolarve and minnows glow red is real good with minnows, so are moon glows and maggots, the key is to be in the area and drilled by 3:00pm and usually the bite will last till about 7:30pm to 8, its usually a evening lake, but real, real early morning is ok too. Use lanterns to attract them and they need to be going right away place them on the ice or open up your floor more works the best to attract in a school and keep them under you, spring bobbers and yellow floats work both, the crappies when they are going are aggresive and its no big secret either what works. here a GPS no. for a ref to the general area that the fish will move to, I like the NW end of that hole for crappie and the point to the south attracts lots of pike. N45 06 40.4

W93 00 53 its a good area and even thou others group up on other spots stay away from to much activity of grouped houses. Gluck

Are people driving out there? I haven't heard if washington county lifted their ban yet or not. Ron reported Anoka lifted their ban.

Went out Sunday 2-7:30. Caught about 15 small eyes. 10 inch was the biggest. Going to try and find some different structure and hopefully some bigger fish on Tuesday. Might hit Forest or bone lake though.

Quote:

Went out Sunday 2-7:30. Caught about 15 small eyes. 10 inch was the biggest. Going to try and find some different structure and hopefully some bigger fish on Tuesday. Might hit Forest or bone lake though.

WOw 15 small eyes at Bald Eagle???? WOW! I fish Bald Eagle a lot and I seldom catch any eyes there!

I fished from 4:30 to 7:15 and caught a dozen small crappies. I marked fish the whole time in 25-28 feet of water, but I couldn't get most of them to bite. I caught a few on minnows and the rest on waxies. Some would zoom up to the bait and just look at it. Usually when crappies come up that fast they will most often bite, but not last night. I did not drive out to my spot to fish, but could have. There were a few cars and trucks out on the lake.

Yeah, I just bought an atv so I won/t be worried about driving. Walleyes were hitting it pretty hard, just to small to keep.

Moonglows in white glow/ flour red gold flake size 8 and 10 w eurolarve, normal color, keep the hook covered with maggot and keep charging the glow all the time, jiggle steady when you see a streaker, don't stop, usually what makes them back off is the maggot position on the hook point or the glow dims down. experiment w color , all glow or color w/ glow on one side, I use two lanterns on the ice, to me thats the biggest difference. but a wiggling eurolarve on the end of a moonglow , its good, I used to minnow fish out there with Glow red genz bug thru the dorsel, not any more. If small glow demons are not workin go smaller. Gluck

Any of you guys fishing bald eagle seeing any trucks out there? how much ice is out there? I want to fish it but im too lazy to walk out there..