• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

deals on downriggers?

Can anyone suggest any small and inexspensive downriggers? I'm thinking I may ned to add two of them on my boat.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Cannon Easi Troll or the Sport Troll. If you get the Sport you'll want to add the Hi Vis counter because the swivel-head depth counter is a step above worthless.

Joseph, I would agree with Surface Tension on this one but would also like to propose that maybe you step it up a notch, I started out with some clamp ons on a 14' boat. That lasted about a year and I upgraded to some walkers with swivel base & high crankin ability. The smaller ones are great starters don't get me wrong but if you plan on putting alot of time on the water I would suggest that you look into something a little more hardy. Talk with the boys down at Marine General and they walk you through downrigger 101. Good Luck.

I agree with Cheffrey, If you are going to buy downriggers get good ones with swivel bases. You did not say what size boat you were talking about? If its a smaller boat and you stay close to shore all the time I would not even buy down riggers, just a couple rods off the side with 8 oz to one lb cannon balls will do.

Hate to take away local business, but I bought my riggers off of e-bay and got a good deal on a couple of easy trolls with basess. Its always a worth a look.>>>later the load

Sounds like the General will have some good prices on Downriggers etc. at the boatshow. I need two more offshore boards and a couple Diawa Sealine Linecounters. Anyone else need some? Maybe we can get a better deal if we buy 4 of each?

If you are looking for a pair under under $71, I have a couple of big johns that work great. I bought a new used boat yesterday, that has all the fixins, so I am liquidating

alot of goodies, including to big water boats cheap. Shoot me an email. dave greene at chsinc (Contact US Regarding This Word)

NL, thought you were interested in the Penn's. I need to see if I can get rid of the boat first with them aboard. If not, I will be selling the fishing gear. You will be the first to know.

I like the big john riggers, they have adjustable length booms from 2 to 4 feet.

anything that is not electic will be the lowest priced, which still can run up to 300 bigguns.

viking, I am looking for one more rigger, so if you have one to get rid of, I am interested.

The ones I have, only have the short booms. 18 inch I think. I have one with a left hand crank, and one with a right hand crank, I am not sure if you can put the extensions on these. They were on the Viking when I bought it. I used them for one year, then replaced them with Penn's I had on my Lund. They can handle a 10# ball no problem. I have a buddy that has 4 of the big johns with the 4 foot booms, he tried to give them to me last year, he has never used them, and was going through some tough times, with his father passing away. I couldn't take them. I knew his father very well, he loved to hunt and fish. and shot trap with us every week. I hope he comes around quickly and gets back into fishing. It sucks to see a friend hurting like that. I brought him up to the big lake one day, he had never been there, he was in awe. But the fish didn't cooperate that day.

Thanks Steve, sorry about giving you some grief. But I haven't seen anybody do it for a while. Your not buying off the locals with Southshore are you ?

Don't worry Viking he gets his medicine all the time. Mostly we are saving up for the evening of Sunday May 21st. grin.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I know you guys know each other so please continue your buisness via email. wink.gif No sales items outside the For Sale Forum.

Viking, so tell us about your new boat.

Never mind I just saw your other thread. Congrats on the new boat, its a nice one.

thanks ST. I am very excited about the boat. The previous owner seems like a very nice and informative guy.

My bad Frank!!

Cheffrey a side bet is in order here I think. When We win you buy dinner for Randy and I at the Grand Superior Lodge and if you guys win I give you a days guided trip on the St.Louis for 2 including Nut Brown and shore lunch. Ill even throw in a Midwest rod to liven things a bit. blush.gifwink.gif

viking, I am looking for a left crank. sorry to here about you buddies father. if he is interested on giving those up, I am willing to pay for them.