• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone know what the ice thickness is like out on Burntside? I have heard that vehicles are driving out from the Passi Road. I would have to imagine that with the cold weather that it was making some good ice.

Thanks!

Hi Casey:

The ice I've found is all thicker than 12 inches, and it's good clear hard ice. But I've only drilled in areas of main bays. That's pretty good for smaller pickups, I'd reckon, but I still wouldn't take my full-size on it. She'll do fineon 12 inches, but it's those spots where you don't know it but it's 8 inches that'll kill a fellow.

I drove off of the Passi Road landing yesterday. There was a big group of vehicles out there. I drilled and got 16 inches of good ice. Didn't catch any lake trout. Could have caught all the Rainbow Smelt I wanted to.