• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for a place to shoot my new bow.

Benny

I would like to find a place to start practicing with my bow.

Prefer the Northern Suburbs around Coon Rapids area.

I heard there is a shop in Champlin but no number for them.

Also heard about an archery club here in Coon Rapids but again I have no number to contact information.

Thanks,Benny

Benny my man, where the heck ya been? Let me know when and where your going to shoot. I'd be glad to join you if you don't mind the company.

Capra's on Hwy 65 just south of Hwy 10 in Blaine might be the closest place to you that I know of.

Hey Metro, sure will.

I have to get it set up and tuned yet, bought a bow and the accessories seperatly at Gander when they hit the 30% off point.

Got the PSE Excursion model, about the same thing as PSE's Vengance.

This one was made for GM exclusively by PSE, 34 in azel to axel,70 lbs,29in draw,about 305 IBO per thier web sight specs.

Ben at the SPW said it should be around a 275 to 285 IBO range.

Will let you know as soon as I locate a warm range to shoot at.

This summer we can hit the Bunker Hills 3-D range, or go out to the gun club off 65 and Klondike drive.

Benny

Anytime Benny, just shoot me an email.

That pup of yours up for chasing a few birds? I was thinking of hitting a game preserve sometime soon here.

That dog was born ready, been hitting Rocky Bay up at Pine city all this winter so far.

Still have 11 birds out of my original 27 to kill.

They have a chucker turny there this weekend so can't go there unless your in the turnament.

Just give me a days notice or so, Mandy gets to chase the dummby every night.

She would love another crack at some thing with feathers on it.

Benny

I just bought a new bow at the end of the season here myself. I got it all set up and have only shot it a handfull of times. It sure is different than shooting the old round wheel Bear. I had second thoughts at first but I'm going to hit the out door ranges as soon as I can here and get some practice in.

I don't know what it is, but I don't shoot as well indoors. confused.gif

I'd be interested in checking out this place by Pine City. I spent a lot of time up at Bear Creek near Hinckley.

Hey Benny, I thought I had your email addy, but I can't find it. How's the 20th sound to you? Shoot me an email. joemmn smile.giflycos smile.gifcom

The 20th of Febuary?

That's a Monday, have to work.

The 19th would work, Sunday morning early.

Your talking about going to the game farm right?

Or were you thinking of shooting some targets?

Benny

Benny, if I remember right I think the sportsans club had a range up by the wave pool. Indoor and a great outdoor range. Been a few years since ive moved, but its a great place gl

I just read in the OutDoor news that the Coon Rapids Archery club holds meetings in the "Archery building" at the Bunker Hills facility.

I have a number to call them now, so will call tomorrow and find out about thier club.

Thier anual meeting was tonight though so I will have to wait a month to get in on the next one.

Benny

Isn't Monday a holiday?, or am I just one of the lucky few? Ya I was talking about getting the dogs on a few birds. I'm not sure how the weekend is shaping up yet. I'll let you know. I found your email by the way.

Yes Monday is Presedents day, but only the lucky few get it off and the kids from school.

I would have to take a vacation day, but I need to save those for next fall.

Benny

FYI, There is more info on Bunker Hills Park's website. Google it, you'll find it. There is a section on Archery and links to the schedule and other stuff. I've shot there a few times during the summer on the outdoor courses. Never inside at the indoor range. Seems to be a fine facility though.

Thanks Gus, didn't even think about a web site for there.

Maybe you could join us there some time for a few shoots at the targets?

Benny

Benny, I'd come shoot anytime. Let me know when you have plans. I only live about 10 minutes away from Bunker Hills.