• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2006 Ford Truck problems

Wayne Ek

Question

I'm starting to search for a new Truck. I've had Dodge Rams for the last 2 trucks and like them. However, 2006 Rams do not have E-85 capabilities. I like the new 2006 Fords, but now have heard from to other owners that there is a problem with the injectors... Anyone heard anything about a problem or recall.

Thanks, Wayne

Great to see another Toyota fan on here.That's why whenever the great "big three" debate starts up , I just sit back and enjoy the show!I own a 97 Toyota Tacoma and the wife a 95 Camry and have had 2 other Toyota trucks and a 86 Celica,and other than changing the oil and one timing belt, I just put very little gas in them and just drive.Ever since my first Toyota, I was used to fixing everything that I had owned previously.

That can't be right? confused.gif Another happy Toyota owner!! grin.gif I'm just glad everyone doesn't own one! I'd be out of a job if they did!! grin.gif

The next time you put brakes in that Exploder (in about 35 to 40K) expect about another $800 to $1200 tacked on to the estimate for ball joints!

Chevy truck owners, we have been seeing a pattern of bad catalytic converters on 03 and newer vehicles with around 75,000 miles or higher. Especially the 4.3 and 5.3 litre. You can add another $800 to $1000 bill to your list of absurd expenses!

Don't worry Ford, Chevy, Dodge guys, theres always an empty seat in my 4 door Tundra 4 you! grin.gif

grin.gif

That chain will turn to dust before it sees a Toyota!!!

I hope everyone realizes were just having alot of fun! The truth is Everyone makes a good vehicle, some make great vehicles, and a few make Phenomenal vehicles.

Remember half the fun of owning a vehicle is wondering what you'll have to fix next, the other half is wondering when you will have to fix it!

Thanks for all the advice and jabs grin.gif I still have not decided what to get. I was leaning really heavy towards an 05 F150. But then one of my tournament partner just picked up a new one and at less than 1000 miles had an injector go out, it was warranty work of course, but not timely or convenient. My Dodge Ram now is showing 120,000 miles, I would go with another Dodge, but the miles per gallon is only about 13 with out the boat behind it.

If you are concerend about gas mileage towing then don't bother looking for another truck, it is not going to get any better, regardless of age, type, model, and brand.

Diesels pulls awesome but they do use fuel too, I seriously doubt you will find anything that does better than 15mpg towing a midsize boat at highway or interstate speed (they all do 20mpg at 50mph)

I agree with everybody here, anymore there is not much difference between brands.

This thread really went down a little hard on the Fords, and I am surprised the Ford people didn't come forward defending it. I was ready to do some "reply axing"... grin.gif

We have no ammo to defend them, Valv.

In the 110,000 miles on my '99 F-150. I have had the motor partially out to fix a notorious cylinder head gasket leak and it's back to doing it again. The heater control knob can only be manipulated by me, as it really doesn't work very well. The radio display LED died at about 50,000. The odometer lights up some of the time. And, I have a steering issue (pulls hard right) that no one has ever been able to diagnose.

The plusses of this truck. Being that I am regular on my maintenance, I have little worries about the transmission. Ford trannys seem to stay alive much longer than their GM and Daimler couterparts. Ummm, well, I guess that's it.

I guess I'll just drive it until I have enough money for a Toyota. grin.gif

My farmer friends dad (here we go with another guy I know story) purchased a new tunda in 04 because he didn't need the big dodge anymore. Well, here is the problem with Toyotas. His truck never has less than 500lbs in the back. I mean never less, and it's not uncommon to have that and a trailer. 75,000 miles and axle bearings twice. Here is what he has to say about them. "Nice trucks, just don't use them as a truck. Should have named them El Camino or something like that." I about pee'd my pants when he said that. Very well built trucks I will say, should last a normal guy many years.

there is some good advice posted and I assume you probably have checked out the f150 website by now also.Another way to see if injectors have been a problem is talk to someone at a large parts store that does alot of volume and just ask what they cost etc.they will usually be able to throw a part # at you immediately without looking it up if it is their best seller.If they have time they can even look up the sales history and give you an idea of how common of a problem they have been.dealer warranty replaced injectors is something a service manager knows well if it is a common problem and should not be afraid to tell you if the odds are high you are going to deal with it at some point in time if you keep the truck for a couple hundred thousand miles.He will more than likely ask if you are going to buy an extended service plan also and based on the price of a plan as opposed to todays parts and labor prices one would have to agree the extended warranty is the way to go.I am speaking from experience working in a dealership service dept.Saw alot of people pat themselves on the back for making a couple extra monthly payments for extended warranty when they were informed the estimate for repairs could have been a years worth of payments out of pocket.Hope this info helps.

You won't get an answer from a aftermarket parts place for the injectors on a 05 or 06 F150, because they are still under warranty. Call you local Ford parts dept and ask them. I don't know about people saying that Toyota truck can't be used as so called REAL trucks. I had a late 80's 4x4 Toyota pick-up that had the 22re, 4 cyl motor, and that motor did more hauling, and towing than some v8's. That little booger will hull construction materials on the bed, and with a trailer, that must weighed over 3000 lbs, day in and day out. It ran like a champ all the way until almost 300,000 when the body got rusted so badly, I decided to sell it. Still got $900 for that rust bucket. I recently saw the truck again and the new owner put a new rust free bed and doors on the pick-up. Now the truck has almost 380,000 miles on it, with the original motor. When I saw it again I actually missed it. One thing that is true about Toyota trucks are they do cost a lot. The next gen Tundra will also be availble with DIESEL. One more thing about Toyota, you noticed that almost all the Toyota dealers are expanding, here's a little rumor, Toyota's new line of medium duty and heavy duty, 3/4 and 1 ton, pick ups are coming. smirk.gif