• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anoka County Pheasants Forever Banquet

CodyDawg

Seems like a lot of banquets this time of year. the details: Courtyards of Andover, March 11. Let me know if you want any more details. Over $10,000 worth of guns.

I am thinking about it, might just take the wife along to get her out for dinner in a place I would actualy have fun at.

But it depends on what I have going on that weekend.

Hey I heard your name brought up a few times in my board meettings out at BeaverBrook.

I am on the board out there now so I get to hear about all the good things happening out there.

We are going to host the Boy Scouts this year for some big deal they have each year.

Not exactly sure what it intails as I came in back in January and this was already on the table.

Your probably going to be able to use the place next year if you want, the Officers all liked the way your deal was ran last Fall.

I can't garanty any thing other than you have at least two votes as my buddy also got elected as a board member this year.

Benny

Excellent, we were just talking about the fact that we have to get out there to set up our dates for Firearm safety and Youth day. When is the next meeting? I will try and attend. It would be nice to meet face to face as well.

and i hope to see you at our banquet. we are working hard at it right now.

Tonight at 7PM, but if your a few minutes late it wouldn't matter.

Last two meetings we couldn't do anything because to few officers came.

I read in the by laws they are suppose to step down after missing two meetings in a year, but of coarse the good old boys don't follow that rule.

But if you get this in time I will be there at 7 or so.

Will be riding up with Ozze, he is an old timer but what a great guy to know.

Can't miss me,I always have my FM hat or a Graco trap shooting hat on.

Benny

Next month, third Wednseday of every Month.

Next month on the 15 or the 25 th is clean up day.

I think the 15th is also the captains meeting for summer trap league.

I told the pres you were intrested in another one this year, she said you will have to attend the meeting and get a date set.

So come prepared with your information.

Kurt Johnson said they are happy to have your group back, lots of people said it was a great time.

Benny

Excellent, I have it on my calendar.

Last year we had about 200 kids come to the event and they loved it. One of the things we strive for is to get kids there who do not have an opportunity to experience the outdoors (in other words, not my kids or your kids). So if you run across any kids like this (we get a lot of single parent kids) tell them about the event. We usually do it the saturday after Gamefair, so that would be Aug 26 this year.

Have you figured out if you can come to the PF banquet? I hope so, that is what we use to fund the event.

I just had a couple of questions about the banquet.Do you have to be a member, and how do I become one? What time does it start and run until? How much does it cost? Thank you fir the info and maybe I will see you there.

Your membership is part of the cost to attend. If you get your money in before March 1st, it is $70 per person. Crowing hour is at 4, dinner at 7 and we try really hard to be done by 10. We have lots of stuff to give away, but we usually make it by 10. All the money raised that night is spent by the local committee.

Question about the banquet.

I'm already a memeber so is that fee waived? And can I bring a guest without them having to become a PF member?

If you are already a member, yes, you can waive that fee. Just make a note on your form and say you talked to Dino. As for your guest, usually they do, but go ahead and put them down for a spouse and they wont be then. You will, however, have to kiss them if you choose this route. Your call!

I tell you what, these banquets rock! Me and my dad have been attending the Chisago Chapter of PF and have gone for the last 6 or 7 years. Donating lots of money and getting something each time. But this year, we hit the jackpot. I put in one raffle ticket on the grand prize and won! A brand new Browning Citori 12g O/U! It was the Lightning model and was a Field Grade 4! The nicest gun i have ever held in my hands. I went and looked how much the gun sells for in the stores, about $2250! I definitly will be attending next year and they say Lightning doesnt strike twice, but we'll have to see. Thats my Pheasants Forever story!

Congratulations on the gun Mike, I have to admit that I am jealous of someone so young owning such a fine firearm. Take care of that gun and you will have it for a lifetime. As long as you stay active in conservation, I say you earned it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey CodyDawg, do you have any one there to do an archery presentation?

Benny

At the banquet? No. At our Youth Day event? Yes, Rapids Archery has kids shoot on your archery range.

I asked because when I was at Sportsmans warehouse,Ben the Archery manager told a boy scout troop leader that they put on seminars and have gift packs for the kids.

Thought I might help a little.

Are you going out there Tuesday for warm ups and league sign up night?

We will be there by 5:30 or 6PM.

Benny

Benny