• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

slow last couple days

maybe it's just me but the last couple days have been as slow as ever for walleyes. gull and pelican both. anyone having any luck?

Chris,

Not as slow as ever!! We only caught one yesterday a.m. (22 incher) but had a couple of others on and lost them. It has slowed, but it is still much better than last winter. Maybe this new weather system will fire them up.

Good luck,

Walleyedan

To be very honest we have not slowed down all year the last two nights being out we have iced more then 30-40 eyes and most are keepers. They are there you just need to find them. Here is a hint 4:30-6pm Good Luck!!!

That is the truth! We have had good luck as long as we make an effort to locate the fish before we set up for the bite. South end of Gull deeper water, 35 to as deep as 48 FOW has been the ticket for me.

Wow, you must have read my mind. The secret is out the fish are deep! remember Catch,Photo,Release

Have you been jiggin those fish? The last few times I have been out I do catch the numbers but none to keep, just moved to the area and still trying to figure things out. Thanks!

I acctually have had my bigger fish hit on either a jigging rap or chubby darter working it fairly slow untill I mark the fish and then moving it a little more agresivly(sp?). Smaller fish have come on set lines. Plain red hook and medium non-agressive shiner has produced. All I can stress is deep water with steep break and bingo fish on!!!

hey 24-7-365, Without giving your spot away where exaclty are you fising smile.gifok seriously i am going up to my cabin this weekend with some rookie fisherman and i want to try and find some fish for them, that in mind are you fishing in wilson bay or steamboat bay, or north of that, any info would be great. thanks grin.gif

Although it has been slower lately, these guys are correct. There have been some great reports from deep water humps and tips of points, 30-50 feet on Gull.

Jason Erlandson

I hope all had a great full moon fishing weekend! I went out Sun. for about 4 hours and was able to catch about 10 walleyes and some nice jumbos. I even iced a huge tuliby about 3.5-4lbs. Good luck!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      You still have your trailer and place up there? Maybe you should do some summer rentals of it to help pay the taxes and up keep on it? 👍
    • fins_n'_feathers
      The water is starting to slowly go down. From what I can tell it looks like it’s down about 5-6 inches. The wind was terrible over the weekend though. I’m sure many properties suffered damages with Sundays winds. Things are finally starting to head in the right direction but it’s going to take a very long time for things to get back to even somewhat normal. 
    • Rivergroup
      Stopped at VC last week as well.  Didn't have pizza, but the sandwiches and appetizers we had were good.  The service was very good.  However, that's the first and only time we had been there.
    • delcecchi
      Any other info about VC?   Got kid and and fam coming up.  Been a couple years but really liked it.   Reviews on line still good.   Did Mark just hit on a bad night or has it gone down?   Being on west not a place we go often.
    • Oldehulse06
      Going up to visit family at Mille lacs 4th of July weekend. Given the current fishing restrictions and the fact that I don’t have a boat, does anyone know any good shore/kayak fishing lakes in the Mille lacs area?
    • JBMasterAngler
      Spent yesterday afternoon wading the upper croix. Water actually seemed a little low. There was lots of floating grass, so my traditional approach of using a fire tiger jointed rapala was unusable. Tried a whopper plopper for a bit, which avoided floating grass better, but I just didn’t have confidence in using it. So since it seemed like the crayfish outnumbered the rocks, I decided to use a weightless Texas rigged plastic craw. Caught 3 smallies, and a pike.   
    • h8go4s
      Here's the actual water level as of Saturday, 6-25. It has dropped some but still is 4 feet above the rule curve. This is updated daily; it's just too early in the day for Sunday's data to be posted. You can check it yourself here: http://www.lwcb.ca/waterflowdata.html
    • Wanderer
      @chaffmj, never mind.  I decided to take a cruise on up there today.  Had a couple popple tops in the driveway but nothing I couldn’t clear.  Nice to see the area again.
    • BrianF
      Ludlows and Muskego both hit hard.  The Dayton place had a lot of big trees down, not sure of structural damage.  Some say a tornado skipped thru that area.  Looking at the destruction, I could believe it.  I feel bad for those impacted by this storm.   Below are a few snap shots of common sights around the area a day or two after the storm. 
    • Wanderer
      Mike, was there a lot of damage in the Ely area?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.