• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

catfishn on the chain

hasn anyone heard anything about the catfishing on the chain. if so,how deep and what are they useingl.

I have caught quite a few cats(hundreds),in the past few years, haven't had much time this year but in the past I have fished any deep hole from Long Lake to highway 23 in Richmond. Usually the cats are near the bottom but don't be suprised to find them suspended 6-8 ft. off of the bottom. I would say the bait I have had the most luck with is different jigging spoons tipped with back half of fathead. The two lakes I have had the best success on are Horseshoe and Long lake, This year I have heard the cat bite is off a bit, but when you get into them I don't think there is any ice fishing fun that can touch catching 2-6 lb Channel cats on light tackle. Good Luck.

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Cattin has been a little slow on the chain this winter. You can still ice a few cat's but most of the better holes are not accessible because of thin ice. Hopefully things pick up later in the season.