• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone know anything about any Ice fishing contests coming up this weekend? I thought I heard of one on Jefferson or German this sunday? I know the beaver one comes up on sunday also, but would like to try a different one.

Thanks

I think that the contest on jefferson is on sunday, I don't now what one I'm going to go to I was thinking beaver but not sure

Any contests in the Faribault/Mankato area coming up the weekend of February 18-19? I'm going to be in the area, and fishing for prizes makes things more fun.

I do remember at the Franics contest they said somethhing about Silver Lake being on the 19th. I'm not 100% on this though, but I believe they said Silver.

I was also thinking about Beaver Lake too, but I have never had any luck on that lake, even when there is no noise on the ice. I'm looking for lakes I haven't been on this year yet. Jefferson is looking pretty good, I've been skunked the last 3 outings this week. I just can't seem to get them to bite, can see them down there, just aren't hungry I guess.

I'm going to out to clear lake in the morning and then I'm going to flip a coin to see what lake I've never been on jefferson

fished Jefferson once last summer, didn't get anything of any size that day though. I don't know yet what one I'll go to. Depends on whether or not my dad or brother is coming up for one of them. Has anyone been getting any walleyes on clear lake this year? My brother got one bout a month ago and that was the only one we've gotten out of there. Last outing we had there, got one 3lb northern and a mess of crappies and sunnies. nothing spectacular though.

I talked to a friend of mine and they caught some small walleyes last weekend but nothing to great I'm going out to clear to help my uncles find the fish so that he can put his house out we are going to try the shallow waters I think

Haven't been out on clear for about a week or so, but the last time we were out, 10 to 15 feet seemed to be the magic depth for us. Good luck tomorrow, supposed to be a windy one. I may be out on Clear Friday afterwork around 1:30 or so. That seems to be the only lake I can seem to catch decent fish on.

I was thinking bout going out Sat. afternoon somewhere. I've been lake hopping all week. Was out on Steele yesterday with the old man. Be careful out there with the new snow. my cleats got clogged up w/ the snow and I learned how to fly for a second. I went up and came back down on my back, cracked my head pretty good on the ice and messed my neck up. Was back out there tonight and had lots of lookers but no takers. I plan on goin out Friday after work since it is my short day, and maybe later on Sat. afternoon when I get back in the area...if you're lookin for a fishing partner let me know I'm usually good to go.

I see. I've been making some lists of lakes I want to check out this year yet. I may run to one of them Sat. or may try Horseshoe again, but that may be a bust.

My brother was out on Tatonka yesterday and caught one walleye, I was thinking of going over there see what he says he dosen't work in the winter so he goes out almost ever day

I wish I had that kind of job, I'd be out every day too. I'm working out the details of Saturday...

I caught a few but they are really slow I was in 15ft of water I think that they are in shallow water, whether was not good either.

Yeah, I stepped out of work at 3 yesterday and couldn't believe the change from when I arrived at work. Have you tried St. Olaf or anything around Elysian? Have you heard anything on Francis on the west end?