• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rapala spinning reels

gspman

Anyone have any long term experience with the Rapala series of spinning reels. I used one for a day last year while on a guided walleye trip. The reel seemed nice enough to me but one day does not a fishing reel make. On the spec sheet they look good but I'm wondering if anyone has any practical experience with them. Comments?

I've got a bunch of different spinning models. They have worked just fine so far. Drags aren't at Shimano level but then neither is the price. I'd rank them above Gander's Guide series, equivalent to Pflueger in the price range. They have worked well on the ice too.

I have had one for aboot 2 years now and have had no problems with it. I agree with Marks opinion of them, the drags arent top of the line, but they are very affordable reels for the average fisherman. also you should check out their rods. i have several in the sportsman series, they run only aboot $20-25 depending on where you get them and have yet to have a problem with any of them, every bit as light and sensitive as a St. Croix in my opinion, and the rapalas come with a one year warranty.