• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

First Time Visitor to Prior

Crickschop04

What is the better bet Spring or Prior? Is there any spot where the ice might be sketchy? Anyone willing to give up a couple of spots to start looking?

haven't been out for a couple weeks, but I fish on lower prior, which is actually the north end of the lake. I can give you the general area, shoot me an email....... [email protected] Stop at the bait shop off of 13 in prior lake (near burger king) the owner there is really helpful in what is working and what isn't. I am heading to Mille Lacs this weekened I hope, if not, I could be out there as well.....the panfish bite is deeper here than most other lakes, 20+ feet is not out of the ordinary....I would think with cold the last few days that foot travel will be absolutely okay, no driving cars though, maybe next year

I was just out by Prior Lake yesterday and there was a Durango and full size Chevy truck driving out there. They were going AT LEAST 40 mph across the lake, so I'd say the ice is OK?? I still wouldn't be driving, but some are.

sounds like someone got to EI in Prior Lake at opening time.,....I wouldn't drive a chevette on the ice in the metro area.....I guess at 40 mph, they were ahead of the wake they created

Well I wouldn't drive my truck, but I would have no problem with my car on 13" of ice.

My Honda Civic weighs about 2200 pounds. Divided by 4 wheels means 550 pounds per wheel. The contact area for each wheel is about 24 square inches. So the weight is actually about 23 pounds per square inch.

I weigh 260 pounds. The ball of my foot is about 8 square inches. That's 32.5 pounds per square inch.

So which is safer??

8 square inches for the ball of your foot? who are you sasquatch? smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I won't drive on a lake unless there is at least 18 inches.....that being said, I am heading to mille lacs on saturday, where I can drive out and try my new camera, instead of walking 3/4 of a mile on prior....good luck to everybody, WWG, that was funny, I had never thought of it in a per square inch poundage....what if you were still wearing those 6" stilleto heels?

18"?? BS, I will check tonight after school, gotta see if the auger still works before I head to the pond tomorrow morning

perchin on the pond????? will be there as well again..... where are you going out of? cove bay myself but thinking about heading to the deep nowhere. good luck!

either Mac twin bay or Lybacks. I am a lot more familiar with the SE corner than anywhere else....when I get my new H2O next week, I will feel more comfrotable finding the rock piles and gravel spots.....

Fished Prior on Sat. 12 inches Maybe 13 at best, I'm still walking till it looks 16". I was almost blinded by the big WHITE WHALE on skis in his shorts pulled on a tow by an ATV. Tough to see the spring bobber after that. Must of been heck of a Mardi Gras Party up there. Nice day and good fishing.

my house was in the middle of that party. i showed up to see a 100+ people in front of my shack and having a good ol'time! got pics' of the guy on my phone and then i joined in the with the party. few fish were caught but a good buzz was had by all! later Dogg