• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for a Wheelers report....

Hey guys,I've posted here many times in recent weeks asking about ANYTHING a person can pass along regarding their experiences on LOTW this winter out of Wheelers/the south shore. I konw about the dirty water and stuff. My group of buddies and I are going up presidents day weekend and would like to find out more about the river bite I've been hearing of. OR what are things like out of Bostic Creek and Morris point gaps? Apparently, that is where wheelers houses are. We have a house rented, but also may go mobile if need be. Thank you for any help you can give. We did well 12 miles out on the mud 2 years ago, but it sounds like that is not really the case this year??? Hope for the best and drink lot o' beer I guess. Good luck to all... grin.gif

We were just up 1st-4th of Feb. fished out of Adrian's shacks which they have 10.5 miles out and had a decent trip. Four of us took home limits with a mix of nice perch.. over 80 fish taken. Not the hot bite but kept us busy.. We fished 4 mile bay in the mornings for better walleye sized and moved to the deep shacks after 8-8:30, and moved shallow again around 3:30. Bite was slow shallow but bigger walleyes. Looks like the bite is improving and the best rigs were plain glow green #6,#8 hooks with shiners although red glow devils produced well and green jigs..plain hooks tight to the bottom and jigs up off worked...good, the river bite was 1/2 ounce glow jigs with shiners bouncing on the bottom. Not sure if I would want to stay on the river all day..morning and evening bite tends to be the times....good luck

P.S, there was a large group of private shacks beyond us at the end of Adrian's road, much activity but did not check to see how they were doing...

Hey thanks for the info.. I haven't been up there for like 5 years.. I'm headed up there this thurs and staying through sunday.. I can't wait.. thanks for the jig info and so on.. I'll give'm a try.. Is the water still clear or is it stained??

Cool, when you say River Bite, exactly what area of the river are you talking??? Also, what is the best bait shop to hook-up those shiners??? Thanks for any info. Headed up thursday until monday. WIll post results next week from our experiences at Wheelers Point. grin.gif

Hey guys where is Adrians in relation to wheelers point resort? Are they next to each other?

~piker

The public access and Borderview resort are between the two resorts you mention. The 2 resorts are about a half a mile apart.

fiskyknut

Thanks fisky. So if I pay at either resort I use the same road? The reason I ask is that someone told me to drive out from Adrians to get to a spot and I wasn't sure exactly where Adrians was.

~piker

It's a little confusing because you have Adrian's Resort, where you stop and pay for the road access and minnows, etc. if needed. Then, you continue down the road past Borderview, the access, and Wheeler's Point Resort. Just past Wheeler's Point Resort, the road makes a rounding left-hand turn. That is where Adrian's road accesses Four Mile Bay to the right. That's the ice road you take out. Hope this makes sense.

MJ

The river bite I was talking is actually the 4 mile bay area. Approx. 9-10 feet of water where we were at. As for bait you have Log Cabin on the same road to Wheelers or when you pay the road fee to use Adrian's road(if driving yourself) you can get a small styrofoam cooler with about 3 dozen shiners for $7.50 from Adrian's resort...good luck