• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gonna be up in your old stomping grounds (Grand Rapids/Aitkin)for the weekend. grin.gif Any little gems I should try, taking the kids so lookin for action.

I've been reading alot about the huge bluegills biting on Bass Lake outside of Cohasset. I've only fished it open water but i bet Otter knows something about it

I lived on Bass Lake by Cohasset for about a year. Stayed in a guest house of sorts. I didn't have a boat at that time, so I had to fish from shore. I never caught a sunnie or crappie on the lake, but I did catch some awefully nice sized perch, huge rock bass, and my first 29"+ walleye during the open water season. It's got some jumbo size fish in that lake. If ya go there, read up on the regs for that lake. If I remember, I think there is a 5-fish limit on the 'gills, but I'm not positive about that. Other good lakes that guys would talk about up there include Winnie (to be expected), Pokegama, Splithand (I think that's the name), and Bowstring was always popular for crappies. TO will know A LOT MORE than I do though.

Good luck and have fun!

Yeah there is a 5 fish limit on sunnies. And there are alot of big eyes in there. I vacationed there for 3 years and learned only after those 3 years from a guy about how too fish the lake. They catch a ton of 25"+ fish out of there. We always caught alot of decent perch and caught alot of northerns. We did alright on walleyes, eater size, not the big ones.

If it's action you're looking for, there are some great lakes north of Grand Rapids on Hwy 38 that are darn tough to beat. Take your pick. There are too many to name here.

Bass Lake can be good with some searching. Check out the regs before heading out there though. Hill Lake in Hill City can be good as well.