• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Alumacraft Tournament Pro Storage Space?

bkft

Question

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has a fairly recent Alumacraft Tournament Pro and if so, is there enough storage space. I really like this boat and my wife and I are closely looking at getting one this spring, but compared to say, a Lund Mr. Pike, there just doesn't seem to be as many storage compartments. I don't want to be lacking in space to keep tools, flashlights, life jackets, tackle, nets, etc. I bought a house with not enough storage space and I don't want to make the same mistake with our boat! Thanks in advance.

John

10 answers to this question

I had a late '90's TP 175 CS and thought the storage was awesome. I have a bigger glass boat now which does not have as much storage space as the TP had. I don't know how the layouts and storage space in the newer models compare to the boat I had though.

I have a 04 TP 185 CS and it has all the room I will ever need. I take with me lots of tackle, rods, spare prop, life jackets, rain gear, and lots of other junk and still have room left over

I'm with PJ here. I had a '99 Tourney Pro 170 that had more storage than my big glass boat.

Now almost all new boats in that class have 7' rod lockers! cool.gif

Thanks a lot, guys. That pretty much clears up any fears I had about storage, then.

One other thing, though: the sales guy I talked with said I should think about getting a custom cover since the stock Alumacraft covers are not very good. He said the logo wears off fairly quickly and the material is not top-notch canvas. Any thoughts/suggestions about covers?

Thanks again,

John

I've purchased 2 different custom covers for 2 different boats.

My first was a heavy duty poly(?) material cover that was built specifically for the boat. It was the most heavy duty cover ever manufactured IMO. I loved it.

I now have a Shoremaster cover that I had made for my boat. Lightweight and durable. I like that also.

For $300-500 you can have a custom cover that will last many years as long as it is not neglected.

Thanks, Chuck.

The dealer said the cover would cost me around $400 anyway, so it seems like a no-brainer to get a good quality custom one instead.

Do you have any particular custom cover shop you'd like to recommend?

I've heard a lot of people have been happy with Rapids Canvas in Sauk Rapids, MN... they make custom fit covers (make it from a blank and add a pocket for trolling motor, wave wackers, etc)

marine_man

TRS in Fargo, ND and Shoremaster Fabric in Fergus Falls did my covers. Google search "Shoremaster" as they sell online. I have the Prism cover material.

I have a 03 and I stilll haven't filled up the storage areas.

I have a Shoremaster cover but had to send it back twice for modifications. Boat has wave wackers and a bow mount trolling motor. The std. "fits the T-Pro" cover didn't and even after two trips back it still isn't the best. I ordered the cover through my dealer. I would not buy another unless I could leave the boat at the cover place and have them custom fit.