• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Alumacraft Tournament Pro Storage Space?

bkft

Question

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has a fairly recent Alumacraft Tournament Pro and if so, is there enough storage space. I really like this boat and my wife and I are closely looking at getting one this spring, but compared to say, a Lund Mr. Pike, there just doesn't seem to be as many storage compartments. I don't want to be lacking in space to keep tools, flashlights, life jackets, tackle, nets, etc. I bought a house with not enough storage space and I don't want to make the same mistake with our boat! Thanks in advance.

John

10 answers to this question

I had a late '90's TP 175 CS and thought the storage was awesome. I have a bigger glass boat now which does not have as much storage space as the TP had. I don't know how the layouts and storage space in the newer models compare to the boat I had though.

I have a 04 TP 185 CS and it has all the room I will ever need. I take with me lots of tackle, rods, spare prop, life jackets, rain gear, and lots of other junk and still have room left over

I'm with PJ here. I had a '99 Tourney Pro 170 that had more storage than my big glass boat.

Now almost all new boats in that class have 7' rod lockers! cool.gif

Thanks a lot, guys. That pretty much clears up any fears I had about storage, then.

One other thing, though: the sales guy I talked with said I should think about getting a custom cover since the stock Alumacraft covers are not very good. He said the logo wears off fairly quickly and the material is not top-notch canvas. Any thoughts/suggestions about covers?

Thanks again,

John

I've purchased 2 different custom covers for 2 different boats.

My first was a heavy duty poly(?) material cover that was built specifically for the boat. It was the most heavy duty cover ever manufactured IMO. I loved it.

I now have a Shoremaster cover that I had made for my boat. Lightweight and durable. I like that also.

For $300-500 you can have a custom cover that will last many years as long as it is not neglected.

Thanks, Chuck.

The dealer said the cover would cost me around $400 anyway, so it seems like a no-brainer to get a good quality custom one instead.

Do you have any particular custom cover shop you'd like to recommend?

I've heard a lot of people have been happy with Rapids Canvas in Sauk Rapids, MN... they make custom fit covers (make it from a blank and add a pocket for trolling motor, wave wackers, etc)

marine_man

TRS in Fargo, ND and Shoremaster Fabric in Fergus Falls did my covers. Google search "Shoremaster" as they sell online. I have the Prism cover material.

I have a 03 and I stilll haven't filled up the storage areas.

I have a Shoremaster cover but had to send it back twice for modifications. Boat has wave wackers and a bow mount trolling motor. The std. "fits the T-Pro" cover didn't and even after two trips back it still isn't the best. I ordered the cover through my dealer. I would not buy another unless I could leave the boat at the cover place and have them custom fit.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Nope not me.  May want to go nextdoor and ask around?  
    • smurfy
      Looks to me like Leech brought his chair home!!😅😆
    • Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.