• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I have had such a great time reading everyones posts i thought i would join the crowd. i havent fished much in the rochester area in the last 2 weeks and was think of taking my boys out this weekend and looking for any info on how willow creek res. has been. After the slow week last week at LOW by boys are chomping at the bit to catch anything!! also i have never fished on zumbro . i see there are some spots that are getting posted for trespassing. im not familuar with Zumbro at all. if i could get some directions and a good place to park would be greatly appreciated. thanks

FishBaugher, First off, Welcome to FishingMinnesota.com

If your looking for some action, I've found that Willow Creek or the North manor pit seem the best.

I havn't been to the zumbro in a while, but here are my results from a week ago at willow:

Willow 1/29

Fish,

If you are going to head to the Zumbro the spot that I would highly recommend is directly across from Grampa Ed's restaurant (formerly Ponderosa). To get there (not quite sure where Fountain, MN is) get on highway 52 until you get in Oronoco, then turn onto county road 12, there will be a closed down gas station at the turn on 52. Follow that road until you see county road 27. Take a left onto that and follow that road until you come to a sign that says Grampa Ed's restaurant. Take the right and follow the road to the restaurant. There will be an empty lot on the left of it where you can park. Head down the boat ramp and straight across the lake. Look for anywhere in 10-20FOW and you should be in crappie, sunfish, and perch heaven.

Fishbauer...

Welcome to FishingMinnesota.com!

As Hanson hasalluded to, the Zumbro might be your best option if you want sizeable fish. The North Country Club pit has action as a rule and the south pit has a bit better size but not as consistant of a bite.

Right now we are at mid winter and things can get almighty slow, especially given the recent cold weather after about 2 months of sunburn type weather. The rservoirs aropund town will give up fish, but the Zumbro, as mentioned, will give up the best fish to those who are patient enough to give it a lick.

Again, welcome to FishingMinnesota. Enjoy your time here!

Thanks for the info! i have five days off from work this weekend so im going to have to try out both spots! hope to see you out there!

How is the ice out by ponderosa? It seems like there is quite a bit of open water of the zumbro right now, just wanted to make sure it is safe out there still.

i was talking to a guy at a local bait shop today who said he was out on monday and had about 12 inches. i cant believe there was 12 but with the cold weather and no snow it might be close. He said there was about 20 shacks around him, fished 4 hours and caught 17 gills and 1 crappie. im going up there in the morning. ill let ya know what i find.

i fished from 0900 to about 2pm and C&R one nice perch at the rattlesnake and nothing acoss grandpa eds. i only marked a few with the vex. there was anywhere from 10-12 inches of good. i saw a couple of small cars and one full size truck on the ice. i dont know if i would have brought my truck out there.