• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Darn....back to reality, eh? lol Another time sweetheart, another time...

Oh, and kick butt girls! You may not be here, but you're definitely part of the team now....so we root for you whatever you are doing. Almost.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrappieJohn

• Dan Thiem

• Ron Burgundy

• winona walleye

AHH thanks guys! We definetly do appreciate it..and we'll try to bring back a championship!...keep timmy updated on the upcoming events cause hes usually my source of fishing fun!

Thanks for taking us in as part of your team!! LUV IT!

snow bunny #1 (muskiemack)

As a Winona Alum, and former WSU Soccer Superfan, I find it very disheartening that I missed out on the BB. Snowbunnies and fishing just seem to go together all too well!

ohhh u know it dawgy...we will represent winona hardcore style...and we willl bring in an excessive amount of fish to represent you guys...WE LUV U

MUSKYMACKKKKKKKDADDY

There will be ice. If not where the Zinger is slated to be, further down the lake will be ok. Like the Brawl, we'll be monitoring things as the time draws near and will post any changes relevant to the Zinger.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an afternoon wedding to attend on the 4th, but I'll be at the Zinger early in the morning till 1ish or so. I'll have the fiance along so everybody needs to be on their "best" behavior. If she knew how most of us really acted, she'd attempt to put and end to my fishing career.

Just kidding, she's like one of the guys, but likes warmer weather.

Its a go people! Plenty of ice and the fish should be taking the hike into this water pretty darned quick. Expect to catch sunfish, crappies, maybe a catfish, maybe a northern or muskie.

This WILL take place at the public fishing area at Fishermans Inn. Directions are as follows:

From Hiway 52, turn at the Oronoco exit for Co.Hiway 12. You will be turning to the east. Follow 12 for about 3.5 miles and take the left turn where marked to go to Fishermans Inn. If you cross a bridge, you have gone too far. Follow that road to the very end, past the restaraunt, where you will find parking and the event will locate to left or downstream side of the parking lot. Be prepared for a pull of about 75 feet.

If you come in on Hiway 63, take the Co.Road 12 turn to the west (yellow flashing light). Go aprrox. three miles to the Fisherman's Inn turn at the very top of the hill immediately after you cross the bridge. Follow this road as per above instructions.

Waxies, euros, minnows will be the baits to consider using. Of all the baitshops found locally, Gander and Hookedonfishing are the only two with red Euros stocked. Prices vary with Gander being 50/2.99 and three dozen at HOF for 1.75- likely to be the freshest too.

Sunfish can run upwards of 10 inches here and crappies can reach the 12 inch mark, but I would expect that we will be looking at fish not quite that large yet....this latest blast of cold and snow will have hindered the fish movement just a little. Sunnies in the 8-9 inch range and crappies running around 10-11 will be more like it, but who knows how these fish will act. We have seen 12-15 pound pike slide out on the ice here along with kitties in the 3-4 pound range. Target the pannies and the larger fish will grace you.

Glo Red is a strong color here as is anything with gold- all gold, one side gold- so plan for that being a strong leader in the tackle assortment. Glow purple has been a winner too.

The restaraunt will be open about 11 on Saturday so if the hungries get you, give Fishermans a try and say HI to Jim. They also have beverages and snacks. They will provide a warm seat for the girls after 11 too.

We're good to go here! All those who are intending to be here, please just toss your name in this thread so we can get an idea of the scope of this beforehand. I thank all of you in advance for doing this.

Also, more parking is available by going to the restaraunt's parking lot and driving down to the boat launch area and walking out from there. DO NOT park at the top of the restaraunt parking lot.

I know Steve works this saturday, so he shouldn't have to next saturday. We should be in.

Gonna try and make it out there for a bit during the morning hours. I got out there last year and had a good time. I don't get a chance to make it out on the hard water too often so I like to make to these get togethers.

As I was reminded last year prior to going out, as Tom mentioned Northerns are a possibility, but they can't be targeted as the season closes at the end of this month so tip ups with a large sucker/shiner is out of the question.

Hope to see you guys out there.

Andy

Michelle and I will be there. Its going to be a struggle to get her out of bed, but we'll show (well me for 100% sure). I'll have to leave around 1ish for an afternoon wedding in Roch.

I hope to be there, but I'm going to have to check with the better half, but you can pencil Taylor and I in.

Tom, can we get a map how to get there?? The boys have been after me about going since the brawl about going. So we are game

I'll bring a map of the lake for those who want to see what it looks like from where we will be fishing.

Hawkeye....I am assuming you will come over on hiway 60? If you do, you will want to take hiway 52 south towards Rochester. Take the very first left when you reach Oronoco, onto CO Hiway 12. You will be going east. Go approximately three and a quarter miles and take the blacktop road with the Fishermans Inn sign on the left-in a field kind of.

When you leave Oronoco you will come off a hill onto a long flat. In the middle of that flat is a blacktop road going left. At that point you are half way to the next blacktop...which goes to the left too and is the one you want. If you go down a steep hill to a bridge, you have gone too far....the turn you want is back to the top of that hill.

I just checked on the weather. Stepped on Randy's toes a little. But as far off as this Saturday is, right now a slight chance of rain?

If anyone wants to use my grill they can. I'll have wood chunks in it instead of charcoals. I'm bringing a bigger one to this event. My other one was a bit too small at the Backwater Brawl.

Tom and I plan on getting there and setting up around 7:00.

This area (Fishermans) did real well last year during March. The catfish were being caught on a regular basis. But mostly we were catching a lot of big gills and crappies. My oldest son and another friend of mine each caught a northern there in March also.

This should be a good time and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

Too bad Cool Cats and the Zinger are on the same day.

I may just show up Saturday morning at The Zinger...my February schedule did not go as planned, so I didn't get another Minnesota ice-fishing trip in after The Brawl. So, I'm coming up for my last bit of hardwater action for this winter.

Alex and I tried the area out in front of the public accsess at Fisherman's tonight after supper. Put out the lantern and gave it a try for a night bite. Only one taker but we were only there for about 45 minutes.

We found a hole that was opened up by air bubbles. Actually somebody already marked it with a stick. I just put a blaze orange hat on the stick. It's about 15" long and about 8" wide. Steady air bubbles coming up in the hole.

Everywhere we drilled the ice was 13+ inches thick. Vehicles are also using the Fishermans Inn ramp. That's the way we went home. Down the lake to the Ponderosa public ramp. Not Grandpa Ed's. That place got rutted up really bad at the top of the ramp.

We should be good to go here. Everyone who is coming, travel safe! We'll see you on the ice.