• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A small inquiry...

I was just wondering wht kind of presentations people use for late ice season? I haven't had much luck with the aggressive jiggin lately. Tried to downsize and had minimal luck as well. I was just wondering what else I should try. I have read some past posts on deadsticking and have recently bought two rod rocker2's. So, I will definitely be using those to see if I can't get a response out of fish that way.

At this point I am trying to learn as much as I can while the ice is still decent. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance... grin.gif

Well I have tried plain hook, glow and the non glow. This has worked a little better then jiggin at least for me.

Just last week I tried a smaller hook with waxworm but it was too small and I was pulling it out of their mouth, even after the bobber was under the ice. Changed around and found that even a size 6 hook was too big on a teardrop. Just got to find the happy medium with the fish that you got. I tend to find myself changing hooks many times trying to find the right combination. The bad thing is that I found that the same setup has not worked for me multiple days in a row with the weather changing so much.

Thanks for the advice. And, now that I think about it I have produced more fish on plain hooks tipped with some kind of meat than jigging. I never really thought of hook size as a major factor, but that is why I asked the question. I will be going out Tues. or Wed. and I"ll be changing hook sizes and colors to see what produces. Does style of hook make a difference?

I also read a post that said this particular fisherman was catching larger and more frequent perch on plain hooks. Has anyone else had success at this no bait "phenomena"?

these are the style of tear drops I use. As I am not of fan of the ladybug style of teardrops.

teardrops.jpg

Never tried the no bait idea, but thinking about it, the fish would have to be very active.

Thanks! Cabelas.com it is, AGAIN. smile.gif

And when you fish this style of tear drop do you deadstick it or do you jig them slightly? Do you use a float? And, does this work for multiple species?

My interest is peaked, can you tell... grin.gif

e-mail me and I will send you some info on where to get them and how I use them. I may even sell you some of mine since I don't know when to stop when buying tackle.

holmboy21 (at) hotmail (dot) com