• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Adrian's Resort?

Hey gentleman, just got a call from a buddy in Bemidji to go to LOTW and stay in one of Adrain's new sleepers from Feb. 17th to the 19th. I'm not familiar with this resort at all, so I'm looking for a little insight from anyone that does. Thanks Gang, Greg smile.gif

Satchmo,

You'll be pleased with Adrian's. They are good people who have been in the business for many, many years. They know how to treat their clients. Good luck and enjoy.

MJ

i have not stayed at Adrians, we stay at the resort next to them, Riverbend. However we do use their roads to access from Wheelers Point and if that is any indication you should have a good time. They maintain a great road, and I have stopped into their resort on a couple of ocassions and found them to be very friendly folks. Many mornings I have driven out before 7am and they have already been out with the plows and done a terrific job on the roadways. Good luck and hold onto your rod.. Bill

Agreed. Why stay in the sleeper though? The fish dont bite after dark anyway... well, nothing you want to catch that is. It is much nicer to leave the lake at sundown, take a hot shower and cook with a stove and have a sink to do the dishes.

The night bite question? Up until this year I too was a believer in the 'no night bite' theory, though I had heard rumours over the years that there was here and there and now and then. With the kinda fickle bite this year we had to do things a bit different than years prior to find and get fish reliably. Shallow current areas were the rule for us this year, and we were getting nice fish at daybreak and dusk on these spots consistently over a 5-6 week span anyhow. You could pick up your limit of nice 'eyes before the masses were even coming out. No sense going home when I can sleep in a couple different huts eh. Well a couple of times the best bite of the day started after sunset and ran till 8-9pm or so, well after dark anyhow, and the fish were just a pounding the wobbler jig.

Back during the full moon in January we had moved a hut to 9fow after the evening bite wained. I decided to sleep in this hut in order to get a line in the water brite and early on this new spot when the early traffic going by in the morning woke me up. I awoke shortly before 1am freezing and went out to switch propane tanks, figured I'd drop a line for a bit when I got back in.....2 minutes later I pulled a 28+ incher into the hut, this fish, and prior mentiond evenings/nights for sure blew the no night bite theoy out of the water!

I now think the right location and time of season there is indeed a night bite up here, I had heard there was and I have seen it now for sure.

fiskyknut

Two weeks ago we spent three nights out past where Adrians sleepers are. In three nights with four rattle reels down the only fish caught after 5:00 PM and before 8:00 AM was one Eelpout. If you want a night bite you need to get shallow or set up on a reef.

Fisky,

I agree that the fish CAN bite after dark but generally

do not. If I remember correctly weren't you fishing in

the Bay or even the River?

The fish in the river dont care about day or night. If

you can find them they will bite.

I've been going to Adrian's for 20+ years, winter and summer. Great people! The younger generation is taking over and have the same good attitude toward customers. Stan C.

I've stayed at Adrian's numerous times during the winter. They are indeed great people who work hard at making sure their customers are taken care of. A very comfortable atmosphere for the ice angler in my opinion. Nothing too fancy, but you get that "sense of home" feeling. I'd stay at Adrian's again.

I have never run into a resorter up there or at Winnie that was anything but nice. Cant understand how some of the guys at a big lake 90 minutes north of the Twin Cities are not quite as nice to deal with.