• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Upper Hay

I have a friend that lives right down the road from the lake. I am planning on going up there the last weekend of the walleye season. I also know there are some good crappies and perch in there. Does any one know where to set up. Really looking for eyes but the crappies and perch would be good as well. I know there is a few islands and a nice deep hole. Thanks in advance.

The crappies are pretty much hit-or-miss. This time of year, the crappies suspend and roam the deep hole. Some evenings you can catch quite a few, the next night you might get blanked. They don't seem to necessarily frequent the exact same area every evening. They are a nice average size when you get into them. I have not targeted winter walleyes in Upper Hay, can't help you out there.

Is there any blue gills in the lake. If there is that would be another option but I will be mainly going after walleye. Thanks again

I have caught bluegills during the open water season and some were very nice. I did not target them thru the ice, and didn't catch any while fishing crappies.