• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

summer trip

Hello, I have cabing fever like everyone else with this warm January. I am looking for a place to spend about 3-4 days in June or even Aug. I fish quite a bit, but the others on the trip are fun high school guys who haven't fished a bunch. Last year we went to Crow Lake by nestor falls. Had a good time, but the fishing was not great. We are not picky about what we catch-- smallies, pike, walleyes-- just want a little action. Throw a Rat-l-trap or Husky Jerk for a few hours and let them have a little fun is the plan. Do you folks have any suggestions for this area. I have fished Lake Vermillion on the north and west ends and had a lot of fun. Is it similar fishing?

ssaamm, I haven't fished Vermillion, but lake types are similar. We don't have muskie, but good numbers on eyes, smallies, and pike. Check the kabetogama website kabetogama.com and you will find a lot of information.. Good Luck Fishkab

they are fairly similar...much more water than vermilion...very ,very scenic also...the fishing as far as structure is much the same...jigs ..lindys ..cranks and whatnot...some very good guides up that way...could be one if i ever could get my coast guard license,,,but anyway...if you go you will like it...