• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone wanna share a decent perch/crappie/gill spot?

I don't know if we'll be fishing for pannies, but you should join us either on Fish Lake for the contest or for our Pre-Super Bowl get together on Sunday. BTW, are you living up here now?

I am staying with freinds in Jacobson for now until my house sells in La Crosse. Job has me in Onamia 3-4 days a week anyway, so I am only up near Duluth on weekends. Just wanna get out this weekend and find a few fish to eat, I am DYING for a meal of gills, perch, crappies, eyes...hell, I'd probably even eat some suckers about now.

There are decent little lake right in Jacobson that I can think of. Try Hay lake out of the public boat launch for tons of gills nothing big but lots of them. The lake on the way into Hay (left side of road) is good for some crappies and gills. (name of lake escapes me). You have of the splithands with little split hand I think a beter crappies lake for tons of northerns using tip ups, try cow horn. Hope that helps ya>>>later the load

thanks Load, we have done pretty well on Van Duce, Hay and Blackface. Mostly Northerns. Nothing doing on the pannies on any of them. Thought I maight try and get the boys on some crappies or perch somehwere within an hours drive.

There is a pretty good perch lake near Onamia. Not gonna give out the name of the lake, but it is 120,000 acres or so. If you hit it right, there are few places in the world that you will catch that quality of perch. Some days you would swear there were no fish in the lake and there are times like two years ago that we had our limits of 13 to 14" perch in two hours or less. Keep at it down there and you will hit it eventually.

What do want??GPS Points>>..Kidding aside, hate to give out a name of good lake just to have pounded to death. With the info given, you should be able to do a little leg work and track it down. I would think the DNR Lake Finder would be a good place to look. One other thing about posting a NAMED lake is that if you ever go to Who's Online there are alot of lookers who are not registered just looking for a place like that. Just my feeling about posting a NAMED LAKE>>>>>later the load

He pretty much gave the name of the lake. grin.gif Read it a little more carefully or just go to the Mille lacs forum for the latest. Ooops, I just gave up the "secret" lake wink.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Wade, your more then welcome to join me anytime and I'm sure theres other members that'll give you the same invite.

Same here Wade. Hitting Fish Friday and who knows where on Sat. If your around e-mail me and maybe we can hook up with ST, BD110 and the rest of the crew.

Where you guys going to be out there tomorrow? I am thinking about hitting it after class and am just curious where others are going to be.

i think we have in imposter here, i don't remember the wal-i-king having a ! at the beginning. tongue.gif

wall I, if the winds aren't blowing too hard we''ll be on Fish lake looking for gills. Your welcome to join us.

I got a nice meal of Gills out on Fish last Friday. Only fished for about 2 hours to get better than 10 fish. No tip ups went off in this area. Hope there still there. Does Tim still have waxies?

Later -CLoma

Where you guys gonna be? I will prolly head out there after 3. I have spent my time over in pontoon bay, but not sure where you guys are gonna be at. Otherwise I guess I will just look for a guy WAY taller than he should be fishing out of a purple Otter.

Quick

yeah I am an imposter. Didn't you know that I had an alter ego? All this time you were hanging with a person with multiple personalities.

Hope to catch you guys tomorrow. If not I guess I will just have to slay them myself.

!walleye-king, drop me a line about your where abouts' tomorrow, my e-mail is [email protected]. Maybe we can meet up I saw your post on the St. Croix spot. Hope we can meet up and discuss the opinions!

We'll be bouncing from spot to spot. Not sure if we'll be out after 3 PM though. Look for Toms red truck or my dark blue xcab long box. Or if you have a radio channel 7.

Way to ruin the spot Tims. I thought I could keep this place to myself. laugh.gif I thought the post was inherently obvious, but who knows.

If I was working in Onamia 3-4 days a week, I would find time to locate a rocky area in 12' of water just about every evening that I could. There are fish, including perch, all over that lake in every depth for most of the year. Getting them to bite consistently is another story.