• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Very Best

harvey lee

Question

I own mant ice rods and thought I had every quality rod out there to buy.I have been doing some pannie fishing with Mr Matt Johnson and he told me that I needed to purchase a Thorne Bros Sweet Thing Plus 24 inch pannie rod.SO,Thats exactly what I did.In all my years of fishing I thought I had pretty good equipment and I do.I went fishing for panfish today and the bite was light to say the least.But,with this new rod and a spring bobber that cannot be second to no-one,I could detect the least little bite.I think that if the fish would breathe on the jig,the spring bobber would move.

For anyone that does not have a Thorne Bros rod,even if they are a little more money,spend it and the majority of the bites you get,you will detect and catch unless your sleeping.I was impressed with thier Deadstick rod,but this panfish rod is unreal.Im sure they will see another order from me.

Thank-You Matt Johnson and Thorne Bros. for keeping me more up to date with equipment. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

4 answers to this question

Harvey, this may have been covered before, but does that rod have enough spine for walleyes?

Yankee: This rod is probably to light for eyes,they make a specific eye rod that you may want to look at.

If you go to Current hot spot outdoor show forum and click on the Thorne Bros thread,there is a video clip with Matt and Thorne Bros that will explain the different rods they have and each use.That would be your best bet and maybe Matt might jump into this conversation and help you also.