• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking through the February, 06, Walleye Insider magazine, I noticed Richard Franklin from PR finished the year ranked 17th on the 2005 Mercury Championship Walleye Tour. Do any of you know him or have you ever fished with him? Hoping maybe this summer I will run into him in Delaneys or Rocky's Pizza (love that stuff).

I got to know Rick a couple years ago thru a buddy of mine that lives a short distance from Rick. I hunted geese with him but havent been fishing, probably this summer. SEEMS TO BE A NICE GUY BUT NOT TOO MUCH TALK ABOUT HIS FISHING METHODS, BUT I DONT BLAME HIM FOR THAT.

Rick's on the prostaff for Crestliner boats and although we both serve on the same prostaff and live in the same town, our paths never seem to cross. But everyone I've talked to says that he's a great guy with a natural ability to find fish.

You can find out more information about Rick at Crestliner.com in the Pro Corner section.

Rick Franklin here....Yes I do live in the Park Rapids area and have for the last 4 or so years. We live on Island Lake, north of PR at Pine Park Resort. Right now I am fishing In Kansas my home state for stripers and flatheads and some walleye. My summer PWT and FLW keep me out of the area quite a bit but I am usually at Northern Bait getting supplies when home. Thanks for the nice things that you all said and I would be happy to share some info if we meet on a lake or bait store.

How's the flathead fishing going down in Kansas? I fish mostly channels when it comes to cats, but I've fished flatties only a few times and have enjoyed it. What part of Kansas are you in?

MJ

How's fishing in Kansas going? I wnt to school at Oklahoma St. and lived there for 4 years after school. I sure do miss chasing those hybrid stripers, white bass, big largemouth, saugeyes, and huuuuuuuge crappies. I've got to get back there sometime and hit some of the resorvoirs. Rick, I've heard Kansas has some great crappie fishing, is that true.

Fisherdog

Well the flatheads are not doing anything the few times out this last week. I am from the Louisburg area so I have many lakes to choose from. Crappies are 12-14 inches , Truman or Hillsdale are going well. For the hybrids Lacygne comes and goes with the weather, one can not keep trying however. blush.gif

How's the quail/pheasant population down there. I love quail hunting, and I know my setter is having withdrawls. It's been 3 years since I've been down that way, got to make it back soon as my dogs going on 11.

Fisherdog

Quail are coming up, they were way down and now things are looking better. The pheasant are only in the west half of the state and are real good. My dog is going through the same withdrawls but we take her over to Baders game farm to help her through those times!!!!!

Rick

Was wunder when your coming back up north? the last i heard was that your propane tank was empty at your fish house. i guess they are still biting up here ,but the temps are really low. talk to you later

Hay Fishhook How u doing I meet u on the Fishook this past summer i was fishing next to u and ur fishing partner I got a red and gray Crestliner do u rember me ? Well to anser ur question abought RICK he is a good friend of mine I do alot of fishing etc with him hes a great guy. He and i built a fishhouse this fall at my house it was like building a ship in a bottel try to fit a 8 foot house out a 8 foot 1 inch door[O MY GOD ] that was fun

goon1: I remember talking to lots of people on Fish Hook and if you were the one out front of the church camp, then I remember. I usually ask everyone if they are on the FM site. At the time you said you were not, but now you are! Welcome, you will love all the threads on here. How has the ice fishing been this year for you?